IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
admin (Offline)
  #1 4/28/24 9:40 AM
4/28/24 9:25 AM SUNDAY’S KOKOMO GP CALLED OFF DUE TO RAIN

More...

SUNDAY’S KOKOMO GP CALLED OFF DUE TO RAIN

Kokomo, Indiana (April 28, 2024)………Steady overnight rain has forced cancellation of Sunday’s USAC NOS Energy Drink Midget National Championship season opener at Kokomo (Ind.) Speedway, scheduled for April 28.

Following the complete washout of the Kokomo Grand Prix, the USAC National Midget season will now open with two consecutive nights in Belleville, Kansas at the Belleville High Banks Short Track on May 17-18.

stp6237 (Offline)
  #2 4/28/24 10:35 AM
Nuts!
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #3 4/28/24 10:43 AM
Three years in a row this has happened. Move the race until the middle of May instead of going to Belleville. This is the racing capital of the world so showcase it. USAC should be in Indiana during the month of May period. I’m off my soapbox now, everyone go enjoy your local race tracks weather permitting.
12 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, jdull99, mtek56, ossuks, PAW, PIT CART, RACrappieman, Speedmax3, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #4 4/28/24 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp:
Three years in a row this has happened. Move the race until the middle of May instead of going to Belleville. This is the racing capital of the world so showcase it. USAC should be in Indiana during the month of May period. I’m off my soapbox now, everyone go enjoy your local race tracks weather permitting.
You are spot on, Pancho. I agree 100%. Maybe it is high time to put April dirt track racing in Indiana to death.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
5 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, Speedmax3, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #5 4/28/24 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
You are spot on, Pancho. I agree 100%. Maybe it is high time to put April dirt track racing in Indiana to death.
You realize that Lincoln Park, Paragon and Lawrenceburg were all able to run last night. All are dirt tracks in Indiana. Just because one area has 3 straight days of rain does not mean that the whole state will be drowned. Just bad luck for Kokomo.
5 Likes: flagboy55, PJ Wright, progressive22, tirespinner, TNRustler
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #6 4/28/24 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:

Burg has four races and a practice in in April. I remember we were lucky to run by June due to no drainage or get one in then down for six weeks.. Hopefully Kokomo's upgrades improve their problems.

Charles Nungester
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #7 4/28/24 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp:

Interesting, have you ever been to Bellville?No place like it IMO.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
5 Likes: erich45, flagboy55, mlamb, Mud Dobber, tirespinner
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #8 4/28/24 1:20 PM
Whether i have gone there isn’t the point they can go there anytime. I didn’t say skip the place. To me it makes sense because the sprint cars are racing in the state already. Drivers, crew and owners can sleep in their own beds and the drive out can be made at a later date. The tracks in Indiana should be scheduled as much as possible in May, just my opinion.
6 Likes: flagboy55, Hubie48, jdull99, mc/rider, Mud Dobber, PAW
ossuks (Offline)
  #9 4/28/24 4:41 PM
that little crap track in the infield is not "Bellville"!
2 Likes: CRA91, Pancho Stapp
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #10 4/28/24 6:16 PM
that little crap track in the infield is not "Bellville"!

HIGHBANKS HIGHBANKS HIGHBANKS

what a bunch of malarkey

Great post, I agree
Closed Thread