IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
DAD (Offline)
  #11 7/21/14 4:44 PM
Originally Posted by KYRON:
most of the time, when you look left you go left, when you look right you go right...needs to learn to race the track, not the cars.
Ron is probably right. We have run up on several drivers in the past that if you snuck up on then too quickly entering the turn be it inside or outside, they would be so surprised that they would just turn into you, not intentionally but more like a reflex action. A good driver remembers this and uses different tactics to get around them.

This guy like you said is probably new maybe coming fresh out of go karts where such actions seem to go with the class that they raced in.

Open wheel racing is dangerous enough without someone adding to the dangers by driving defensively or not using their head.

Goes back to my favorite saying " seat time> seat time> seat time."

Print out this post and hand it to the guy at his next race, He probably doesn't know how out of step he is.

Honest Dad himself
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #12 7/21/14 5:03 PM
When I was an official a car came in the pits & I thought for sure he was a rookie so I was tying a yellow ribbon on his car. His wife asked what I was doing & I replied he's a rookie isn't he. Well come to find out he'd been driving for about 12yrs. "12yrs & he still can't hold his line on the track, sheesh he needs to take up bowling. He's terrible he's all over the track, I counted 3 wrecks he almost caused in a 8 lap heat race. Said he was never racing w/ us again, loaded up & left. Hallelujah, that race official needs to have a 1 on 1 w/ this driver
3 Likes: DAD, davidm, sprintracer82