IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 59th Bettenhausen 100 Silver Crown Sat, Oct 15@IL State Fair
10/15/22, 2:45 PM   #41
Re: 59th Bettenhausen 100 Silver Crown Sat, Oct 15@IL State
Hubie48

I feel you Joe, as I am home with a new knee myself. I about croaked when Christy announced the "Ted Horn Memorial"? Pretty sure they run that one further south.......

Lot's of engine issues in hot laps. Does not bode well for Seavey. Freakin' shame... there are some real grid fillers in this one. I understand it is a make up date and USAC has a Midget race later tonight. Beautiful Day.

Enjoy

2 members like this post: Joe Schaub, luckybuc97
10/15/22, 4:20 PM   #42
Joe Schaub

Congrats on the new knee. I have a messed up knee, broken toe/phalanges and double head injury.

Been a good race so far. Glad Haggenbottom is okay after that nasty wreck.

Happiest the most over Hewitt's record is safe another year.

3 members like this post: Hubie48, luckybuc97, tirespinner
10/15/22, 8:18 PM   #43
miledirt

What a great day At Springfield

Kaylee Bryson was flat out amazing

Really good show. Thanks to Track Enterprises and Bob Sargent

10/15/22, 10:46 PM   #44
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
What a great day At Springfield

Kaylee Bryson was flat out amazing

Really good show. Thanks to Track Enterprises and Bob Sargent
A long drive home, as most of the east west roads were closed between Crawfordsville and Kokomo. Really good race. Track had a bottom and a top. A lot of good drives including Kaylee. Congrats to Shane Cockrum on the win.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 10/15/22 at 10:50 PM.

10/16/22, 10:26 AM   #45
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

That was the best prepped mile dirt track I've seen in years. And thanks to USAC for opening the Red for Fuel. I don't think these cars will make a hundred laps anymore unless it's a dry slick pedal fest.

And no matter the outcome, Kaylee was putting on a clinic the first two thirds of the race and I doubt she has a tenth the experience than most of the rest of that field.. While it was always a battle for the lead. It reminded me of her Chili Bowl B main win. doing something different than the rest of the field. She went 15th to first in that.

Congrats to Cockrum.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/16/22 at 10:49 AM.

10/16/22, 10:59 AM   #46
Ilovedirttrackracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
A long drive home, as most of the east west roads were closed between Crawfordsville and Kokomo. Really good race. Track had a bottom and a top. A lot of good drives including Kaylee. Congrats to Shane Cockrum on the win.
So glad to hear that you are out and about and enjoying the great things that you love Brent. Simply the best for you buddy. Keep doing the things that you are doing and hopefully that we can get together soon in Ocala. Thanks.

10/16/22, 12:51 PM   #47
Offroadrace_814

Quote:
"as most of the east west roads were closed between Crawfordsville and Kokomo."

I typically take 47 to 31 to get to Kokomo. Is 47 closed between here and there? I haven't been outside of Darlington on 47 this summer.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, tirespinner
10/16/22, 5:44 PM   #48
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroadrace_814 View Post
"as most of the east west roads were closed between Crawfordsville and Kokomo."

I typically take 47 to 31 to get to Kokomo. Is 47 closed between here and there? I haven't been outside of Darlington on 47 this summer.
They are building the exit on 31, so you can't access it. The way you go is the best way I have found. I took 47 to 421 to 26. 26 wasn't closed until after my turn.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/16/22, 8:42 PM   #49
Offroadrace_814

Quote:
They are building the exit on 31, so you can't access it. The way you go is the best way I have found.
Living in the Crawfordsville/Southern Part on Montgomery County. I agree. I have not found a better way yet to travel to Kokomo. I am sure if you start involving some county roads. There might be a better way. But, I am not going to go searching for it.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/17/22, 10:33 AM   #50
Hubie48

Hats off to Bob Sargent for an excellent racing surface/track. My initial thoughts were not very promising to begin with after watching qualifying.

I was wrong!

That was a VERY entertaining race. I have to give credit where credit is due. Kaylee Bryson did an excellent job! BRAVO! It is worth mentioning that everyone raced each other very clean. Hats off to CJ Leary (did I really type that?) as he was nothing but professional. He was really gassing it up in pursuit of the lead. How about Logan Seavey? Way to go Rice Motorsports for pulling a rose out of the toilet! They were really up against it from jump street. Shane Cottle is a tired and true professional, always fair and gracious. Shane Cockrum! Good On Him! Racing is a cruel sport however the paybacks when they come are worth the wait! He is no doubt a proud winner of the "Tony Bettenhausen 100"

Very entertaining Race! Silver Crown Rules

and to the rubes who continue to proliferate the "fat bottom girls" hokey bullcrap. These are Champcars. Fuel takes space. Proportionally, a Silver Crown machine is a thoroughbred on par with any beauty that would not give you the time of day.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 59th Bettenhausen 100 Silver Crown Sat, Oct 15@IL State Fair