IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #1 5/6/24 9:17 AM
Good day in Winchester on Sunday....Good to see the High Banks alive and well. Too bad Kody Swanson stunk up the show....you would think someone else could step up and lead lap???.....He has lead very lap in the last 2 pavement shows???
4 Likes: duel, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
kb78 (Offline)
  #2 5/6/24 10:43 AM
Yeah, Kody was in a class by himself Sunday but the race for second and fourth for the last 25 laps was intense. I thought the racing throughout the field was the best I had seen at Winchester by the Big Girls in all four races.
I was impressed with Taylor Ferns, it was by far the most aggressive that I have ever seen her run. Getting some passes early helped her to a top five finish.
18 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nodramazone20, oldfan49, OnTheHammer, openwheelfan1, oppweld, racer-x, Rapid Rick, tigerone, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #3 5/6/24 11:39 AM
Yeah, that last corner pass by Grant was a bit sketchy, but I get it.....points matter....could have been a big one
6 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, luckybuc97, The Old Coyote, tirespinner
kb78 (Offline)
  #4 5/6/24 2:19 PM
I am a big Grant fan so I am a bit of an apologist, but he is aggressive 100% of the time and I don't think it's because of points and I don't think it's intentionally dirty. If he was racing for points he would have accepted 2nd place on Saturday night and he certainly could have dirtied Seavey up several times if he had wanted. He drove extremely hard for 25 laps trying to find a way around her and never touched a tire, she left a lane on the outside in the last corner and he went through. Taylor did a heck of a job keeping it straight after the contact.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, Joekocjan, OnTheHammer, racer-x, tigerone, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #5 5/6/24 4:12 PM
I’ll say that I haven’t attended Toledo or Winchester, but watched both on Flo. Kody Swanson has just been in another zip code. His mastery of the Silver Crown cars on pavement is truly amazing. Yes, I know he has a great team behind him, but his control and racecraft seems next level. We are truly privileged to see what is probably a generational talent and it is a travesty that he is not being considered for other professional series.
13 Likes: Bostonian, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, luckybuc97, oppweld, Rapid Rick, tigerone, tirespinner, TQ29m
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #6 5/9/24 11:24 AM
I really enjoyed the day at Winchester. I appreciated the single car qualifying and traditional driver introductions. Not sure if flo showed the vintage cars but there were a ton of really good ones there. Daytime shows for pavement make sense for numerous reasons. I hope they do that again next year!
5 Likes: Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Rapid Rick, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #7 5/9/24 1:14 PM
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam:
I really enjoyed the day at Winchester. I appreciated the single car qualifying and traditional driver introductions. Not sure if flo showed the vintage cars but there were a ton of really good ones there. Daytime shows for pavement make sense for numerous reasons. I hope they do that again next year!
Vintage cars were the highlight for me....
2 Likes: duel, tirespinner
TQ29m (Offline)
  #8 5/9/24 2:33 PM
They almost always are for me also, and I was there when a lot of them were new

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
6 Likes: Bostonian, erich45, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, The Old Coyote, tirespinner