IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Vookie (Offline)
  #1 9/20/18 3:11 PM
http://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Arti...eason-schedule
5 Likes: Black Deuce, BrentTFunk, Dirtfan, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #2 9/20/18 3:42 PM
Winged cars with non wings in July.What do you think ?

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Pat O'Connor Fan
jim goerge (Offline)
  #3 9/20/18 3:52 PM
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy:
Not thrilled with it, if I wanted to see the wings I"d go on a regular night. As it is can only hope the wings don"t dry the track to much
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, Pat O'Connor Fan, WinglessLovers
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #4 9/20/18 4:03 PM
Dry typically isn't an issue at Knoxville. Went to the nationals this year & track was great all 4 nights. A little narrow early on night 1 but widened out by feature time. They know what they are doing there.

Given decent weather, I am very tempted to drive over for the July 6 show.
6 Likes: Black Deuce, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, treecitytornado
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #5 9/20/18 4:12 PM
I love it and am looking forward to it 100%. I watch the highlights from Knoxville all the time and their weekly shows are usually pretty good. We all know wing racing in the heat races usually stinks, but the features I think are just as good as non wing in a lot of instances. Someday I’ll make it to the Nationals but for now I get to see in person how the wing cars get around there, while watching my beloved USAC sprint cars. Plus you never know, might be some double duty which I love. Can’t wait for next July
4 Likes: Black Deuce, BrentTFunk, jim goerge, PIT CART
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #6 9/20/18 4:41 PM
Going to try to hit this. Winged cars will help the crowd, and with the big purse I can't blame them.
9 Likes: Black Deuce, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, duel, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, opnwhlmnd, Pat O'Connor Fan
wing410fan (Offline)
  #7 9/20/18 5:22 PM
They need to book the silver crown!
4 Likes: flagboy55, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, tmac39
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #8 9/20/18 5:26 PM
Looks good to me. Kinda harmless to have their regulars as a side card to a big paying USAC Sprint show.
5 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, flagboy55, jdull99
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #9 9/20/18 6:27 PM
Originally Posted by Rich Mersereau:
Looks good to me. Kinda harmless to have their regulars as a side card to a big paying USAC Sprint show.
I couldn't agree more Rich, this weekend is already in our plans for next year at The Sprint Car Capital of the World!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
7 Likes: Black Deuce, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, texas red, wildman92
oppweld (Offline)
  #10 9/20/18 6:42 PM
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy:
Just think of it this way, It gives you time to go to the restroom and hit the beer stand!
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, ThrowbackRacingTeam