IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #21 6/15/22 6:54 PM
XR is rumored to be funded by the Smith family from NASCAR. There’s no way they make enough in streaming money to fund these purses with the non existent fans in the stands. There seems to no end of people who are willing to lose their shirts on LM racing. And yet not one for wingless sprints.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #22 6/15/22 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
XR is rumored to be funded by the Smith family from NASCAR. There’s no way they make enough in streaming money to fund these purses with the non existent fans in the stands. There seems to no end of people who are willing to lose their shirts on LM racing. And yet not one for wingless sprints.

Not true and forgive me for not knowing his name offhand. But he got the Hangtown going and Husets Usac Nationals and other big usac shows. Also backs a few cars. Also the King of the Hill guy in PA has taken chances on USAC with some success, Others not so much.

Charles Nungester
okie (Offline)
  #23 6/15/22 10:37 PM
Matt Woods
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #24 6/15/22 11:50 PM
If you want to know more about XR look up the name Barry Braun on Facebook if you're on the social media platform.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #25 6/16/22 4:26 AM
Matt Wood is not running XR.
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #26 6/16/22 8:30 AM
Matt Wood is not running XR.
I didn't say he was.
You said no money people are behind anything with USAC NW sprints and I pointed out that there was.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: chrismattlin, opnwhlmnd
kendirt (Offline)
  #27 6/17/22 1:33 PM
Do you really think that? Are there people who really think that large Late Model events aren't profitable yet continue to happen anyway?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #28 6/17/22 1:42 PM
XR is not funded by the Smith family…..

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #29 6/18/22 11:28 AM
No matter who is funding it, they are drawing quality fields and looks like the checks aren't bouncing.
4 Likes: chrismattlin, erich45, luckybuc97, PIT CART