IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
View Poll Results: would you like to see a new sprint car video game be put out onto the market?
yes 204 93.15%
no 15 6.85%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll
hoosierfan (Offline)
  #31 6/5/09 1:14 PM
A second version of the old dirt to daytona game would be nice but start in sprints instead of the stock cars and get somebody like Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon behind it and call it something like Rise to Fame. That probably make it popular to make an incentive to make it good wouldn't it?
cincyracefan (Offline)
  #32 6/5/09 10:32 PM
As was mentioned...if we could get a short track game with diversity...WOO Sprints, WOO Late Models, Lucas Late Models, non-winged sprints, pure stock...dirt, pavement...the more the better, good variety of tracks...it's a dream...hope it comes true soon. I think it would sell a ton. They should sell it at every track, they'd make a ton.
Chad Cunningham (Offline)
  #33 6/6/09 3:01 AM
Originally Posted by Go Fast:
The Asian gentleman that drove Scooter Ellis' sprint car last year is a game designer from Japan. He did a lot of the rally and road race games. I believe that he was driving the car as research for a new sprint car game.

It would be cool if it had a guitar simulator included so you could rock out after the races like T. Funk and the Homewreckers.

Road to the Triple Crown would be a great game. Start out in 410 local sprints. After you have won enough races to prove you are 16 then you move to Focus midgets! Wait, maybe that would be too realistic.
I believe you are referring to Yasu Yahmamoto.(sp?) I knew him when he drove TQ's a few years back. If I remember correctly, he "owns" or has some rights to Polyphony Digital which has been the major developer in the Sony Gran Turismo series. I do know he has done some testing for the latest GT games, but cannot confirm the sprint car research.

I am all for a new Sprint Car game. Unfortunately, I think if one comes out, it will be sprints with wings, which would follow all the previous editions. I would be much more excited if a non-winged version came out, but all we can do is hope! I will be honest, I don't think the demand is there for a game like this, especially on the next gen consoles (PS3 and 360). I consider myself an avid gamer, and my fear is that a no name developer would pick up the idea, and they would release it as one of these $39.99 games which would play just like a $39.99 game. (fun for a week, if that) Keep in mind, most games are $59.99. So what we can hope for is that a big name developer picks this up, and does a great job at putting out a good product. Oh well, thanks for starting a thread like this.. I will keep my eyes out for a WoO game on PS3 and if they have one, I will pick it up because that's the way I roll!

600minisprint (Offline)
  #34 6/6/09 10:41 AM
well in previous Sprint Car games you have to start out in a miget then work your way up like: Showdown to Eldora for PS2, and Road to Knoxville also for PS2. bothe have Migets,Non-Wings,Winged, Late Models,and motifieds you can choose from its the tracks in the games that are so very few. They also need more options to buy mods for the motors,weight reductions,special shocks, tires ect ect ect.... and the late 90s computer sprint car game has all of that the newer ones do not. also the Graphix SUCK tires look like octagons almost half the tire is missing on the track... Japan Please help!!! hahahaha
RobertsracingT5x (Offline)
  #35 11/12/13 7:18 PM
Ya would be bad ass to have a game with usac and especially modifieds. Have people like bryan clauson and Dave darland in sprints and guys like Devin Gilpin and nick Allen or Joey Kramer in mods. It would be cool if it had realistic body roll and u could carry the left front!!!
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #36 11/12/13 9:41 PM
There is one right now made by Allen's out of PA.
http://www.dirt-thegame.com/home.html

Charles Nungester
Clay11x (Offline)
  #37 11/13/13 11:24 AM
If you're looking for a good video game/simulator for dirt sprints, midgets, micro sprints, modifieds, late models etc. I highly recommend rfactor, I race online with big names like Christopher Bell, Kyle Larson, And Kevin Swindell

rfactor.net
Scott47 (Offline)
  #38 11/13/13 2:49 PM
Long as it doesn't suck like the Xbox 360 game does.
Joe@ScaleSprints (Offline)
  #39 11/13/13 8:03 PM
2013 Dave Darland skin I did and put in rFactor. Even running at Gas City

Nick Corea (Offline)
  #40 11/13/13 8:17 PM
Actually, there IS a modern sprint car game out right now. iRacing. It's not really a game though since it drives more like a simulator. It's also different than the other driving games because you don't buy the game, you subscribe to the service instead. iRacing has a non-wing pavement sprint car series that enables you to race against other real people online (no "artificial" cars). All of the tracks are real, and the car adjustments are far more realistic than the Ratbag game from 10 years ago. The realism is FAR superior to any other racing game I have played. iRacing also has the Silver Crown car, but it's the silly Hoover vacuum model from a few years ago. If you haven't checked out iRacing, go take a peek.