IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??
8/28/08, 5:37 AM   #11
Re: Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??
Dwight Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Sr View Post
I remember a guy named Steve Kinser that couldn't make it in NASCAR.. he went on to do very well
Steve Kinser wasn't given a fair opportunity in NASCAR. One, he went straight from the sprint cars to cup. Secondly, despite that obvious lack of seat time, he was only given 7 races before being fired by Kenny Bernstein at North Wilkesboro in April of his first season. It was a raw deal.

8/28/08, 7:03 AM   #12
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeleynSmoke View Post
But the car prior to that- JJ was doing the very best he could. They just never really listened to him. He asked them at Indy to take 4 tires and they did a two tire stop. At one race he had to battle from one lap down due to the water bottle incident and the last race he drove the car- They ran him out of gas with 5 laps to GO!! Not one- But 5!!! Thats not a JJ issue.
I still wonder if he got fired or if he just quit. These kind of things would drive a racer crazy IMHO.

8/28/08, 8:27 AM   #13
Ovalmeister

According to Robin Miller and Dave Despain on "Windtunnel" a few weeks ago, Yeley was fired by Hall of Fame racing via a text messege. Not to be too judgemental but...what the hell is that all about? :thumbsdown:
David.

8/28/08, 8:32 AM   #14
service manager

I think J.J. will come back to sprint car racing and whip some butt!! Glad to see he is done driving that Toyota junk anyways!!:checkered:

8/28/08, 8:53 AM   #15
Re: Anybody Know What Is Up With J.J. Yeley?
Shawn

Well, that's partially true, I guess. I was watching NASCAR Now a few weeks ago because J.J. was due to call in. He said that Hall of Fame Racing sent him a text to come to the shop. Once there, they told him that they were going in a different direction. I'm a huge Yeley fan, but I'm still not sure that this won't turn out to be a good thing for him. :thumb

8/28/08, 9:01 AM   #16

"According to Robin Miller and Dave Despain on "Windtunnel" a few weeks ago, Yeley was fired by Hall of Fame racing via a text messege. Not to be too judgemental but...what the hell is that all about? "
David.

this was on nascar.com also. pretty crappy of a team to fire someone via a text message.

"Well, that's partially true, I guess. I was watching NASCAR Now a few weeks ago because J.J. was due to call in. He said that Hall of Fame Racing sent him a text to come to the shop. Once there, they told him that they were going in a different direction. I'm a huge Yeley fan, but I'm still not sure that this won't turn out to be a good thing for him. "

thats a better story than i herd. I do think u r right, this is the best thing for him.
Last edited by 767; 8/28/08 at 9:04 AM.

8/28/08, 9:35 AM   #17
Offy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
Steve Kinser wasn't given a fair opportunity in NASCAR. One, he went straight from the sprint cars to cup. Secondly, despite that obvious lack of seat time, he was only given 7 races before being fired by Kenny Bernstein at North Wilkesboro in April of his first season. It was a raw deal.
Bernstein's team was going belly up and putting Steve in the car was a last ditch effort to make a miracle. The car was not on a par with the better part of the Nascar field. It was good of Quaker State to step up to the plate and support Steve's return to sprint cars.

8/28/08, 9:40 AM   #18
Re: Anybody Know What Is Up With J.J. Yeley?
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Well, that's partially true, I guess. I was watching NASCAR Now a few weeks ago because J.J. was due to call in. He said that Hall of Fame Racing sent him a text to come to the shop. Once there, they told him that they were going in a different direction. I'm a huge Yeley fan, but I'm still not sure that this won't turn out to be a good thing for him. :thumb
Thanks for the clarification Shawn. Yet another Robin Miller "scoop". LOL
Hope Yeley lands somewhere. Definately the only reason I remotely follow NASCAR.
David.

8/28/08, 10:01 AM   #19
Shawn

No problem, David. It's still kind of shady to involve a text message in the situation, at all. However, I just figured I'd throw that info out there, since I heard it from Mr. Yeley himself!

It's pretty much J.J. and Bryan that have kept me somewhat interested in NASCAR, too. So, needless to say, I haven't been following NASCAR much lately. :checkered:

8/28/08, 10:14 AM   #20
ossuks

Lets just hope he doesn"t end his season in the "jacked-up-wagon"!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anybody Know What is Up with JJ Yeley??