IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #11 11/5/22 8:47 PM
Sunday night now canceled.

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
3 Likes: Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #12 11/5/22 9:01 PM
Hopefully dirtracefan2 will give all of us a great recap of the events, especially after posting all week about the race dates.
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Dirtfan, luckybuc97, motorhead748, Sandy Lowe, tirespinner
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #13 11/5/22 9:29 PM
Hope no one blames this on the Atomic promoter. Need to remember the track was leased for this show.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, dwhitney1169, erich45, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #14 11/6/22 2:27 PM
There's some lessons here, Not sure what they are.

But other than a established event like a sprint week. People aren't willing to do the three and four days shows, Or afford them without planning for it. End of the season......... Sure as hell wasn't the weather. it was still sixtys durring race times.

Charles Nungester
767 (Offline)
  #15 11/7/22 10:12 AM
outside of big established races, fan counts are hurting! All forms of motorsports.
2 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner
Therealether (Offline)
  #16 11/8/22 9:53 AM
I've said before, when an outside promoter leases the track and dangles a big purse- make them post that when they sign the lease like a bond. Then drivers don't get screwed, fans don't get screwed, and the track doesn't get a black eye
6 Likes: chrismattlin, diversified, dsc1600, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #17 11/8/22 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by Therealether:
I've said before, when an outside promoter leases the track and dangles a big purse- make them post that when they sign the lease like a bond. Then drivers don't get screwed, fans don't get screwed, and the track doesn't get a black eye
Tracks that lease to a promoter (on a short term basis) should do this so they don't get a "black eye". Protecting your brand is huge these days, even on the niche level we dwell in here. How many race fans even realize the minutia of this and just assume the track itself is run by people with less-than-stellar character.
cornerthree (Offline)
  #18 11/8/22 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:

But other than a established event like a sprint week. People aren't willing to do the three and four days shows, Or afford them without planning for it. End of the season......... Sure as hell wasn't the weather. it was still sixtys durring race times.
To easy to sit at home and watch a PPV. Your recliner big screen and cheap food. I have never been to Atomic but a lot of tracks are dumps. Poor seating bad restrooms and ****** food. With that being said us hardcore fans know it better in person.
dsc1600 (Online)
  #19 11/8/22 1:20 PM
Originally Posted by Therealether:
I agree, the purse placed in escrow seems like it would be a good policy to put in place.
6 Likes: erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner, TQ29m, wallbanger II
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #20 11/8/22 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:

I think one lesson to take from this debacle is that as a track owner and/or promoter, don't lease "your" track unless you put some provisions in the contract that cover you and your name. For many, they probably had no idea all of this was due to the failure of a person/group that had leased the facility for the weekend. Great job by the owners to step up and try to do the right thing, but again, many will never know the true story. Right or wrong, in many cases perception is the reality.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, nathans1012, Therealether, tirespinner