IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtnut (Offline)
  #41 8/27/13 10:09 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Debbie and Drew and the entire Mortland family. Rest in Peace Morty and know you will be missed.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Vukie
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #42 8/27/13 10:30 PM
SC90 (Offline)
  #43 8/28/13 9:37 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I met Morty in person for the first time at Springfield a number of years ago. He was one of the best, and he will be missed. My sympathies to the Mortland family. RIP, Morty.
  #44 8/29/13 4:21 PM
I had a request earlier today for an address to send cards to Debbie,or Drew. Send them to 821 Amherst East Alton Illinois 62004.

I've just come from visiting Debbie,and while I was there "Dirty Driving" Drew stopped in,so I had a chat with him as well.

Debbie told me that they will be having food at a banquet hall,that I cant remember the name of,after the funeral on Saturday,and hopes all race fans coming for the funeral will stop by for that as well.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, PJ Wright
mowerman (Offline)
  #45 8/29/13 4:47 PM
Your racing family will miss you Morty. R.I.P.
Bob and Monica
billwill7 (Offline)
  #46 8/30/13 3:45 PM
The correct zip for East Alton, Il is 62024...............
  #47 9/2/13 2:45 AM
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #48 9/2/13 2:57 AM
Talked to Drew at Duquoin tonight. We laughed about him and his father, when Drew was growing up around my boys. It was nice to see him, and he's thankful for all the rememberance of his father. Morty did an excellent job raising Drew, great legacy for him to leave behind.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69