IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Buys All Star Circuit of Champions.
10/24/23, 2:20 PM   #21
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I would think most of the All Star schedule would have been tentatively set by this time. I didn't think High Limit effected the Outlaws at all. Actually may have helped car counts at the beginning of the year. The real fighting seems to be over streaming. I coulod see the High limit races being All Star sanctioned to help car counts. Kind of a series within a series. I don't see a big change in the All Stars foot print.
My thought/question is will the ASCOC races now become races with High Limit purses? If so that’s where the footprint changes. I’m thinking one attraction of the ASCOC to tracks is they get a bigger show with some bigger names without the risk of having to pay a WoO type purse. Will those tracks still step up to the plate if the cost of the program jumps up significantly?

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Grocery Guy
10/24/23, 2:58 PM   #22
Re: High Limit Buys All Star Circuit of Champions.
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
My thought/question is will the ASCOC races now become races with High Limit purses? If so that’s where the footprint changes. I’m thinking one attraction of the ASCOC to tracks is they get a bigger show with some bigger names without the risk of having to pay a WoO type purse. Will those tracks still step up to the plate if the cost of the program jumps up significantly?
Good point. I was basing it on the High Limit staying self promoted. I have heard several Outlaw shows were this year too.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, motorhead748
10/24/23, 4:00 PM   #23
Robert36

Is the TQ's midget series part of the deal too????

2 members like this post: badcoupe, dirtybob29
10/24/23, 5:20 PM   #24
badcoupe

The TQ series was spun off as its own club after last season according to what I was told.

2 members like this post: dirtybob29, Grocery Guy
10/24/23, 10:58 PM   #25
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Anyone know if any or part of Eldora was in the the transaction? #Asking for a friend.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/25/23, 6:37 AM   #26
JJMooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I could see the High limit races being All Star sanctioned to help car counts. Kind of a series within a series. I don't see a big change in the All Stars foot print.
It’s all speculation at this point but I also can envision a “series within a series” schedule with races paying the winner $20,000 and up High Limit shows with their own point fund. Teams that are willing and able to travel can do so with the HL shows. And the ASCoC schedule remains status quo with the majority of races in Ohio, PA.

Jeff Knittle announced on Twitter (X) yesterday that he has been contacted by Brad Sweet and Kyle Larson and made official that the Dean Knittle Memorial race will be a High Limit race next year. The Dean Knittle Memorial, held at Portsmouth Raceway Park, is the highest paying ($25,000+) race on the ASCoC Ohio Speed Week schedule.

Also, the WoO West Coast swing might be in real jeopardy. Sweet and Larson promote Chico. Kevin Rudeen, an ASCoC car owner, co-owns Skagit. Possible Chico’s Gold Cup and the Skagit Nationals become High Limit races? I heard a lot this year about WoO drivers and crews burned out after the Knoxville Nationals. I’m not sure there’s much enthusiasm from the WoO teams about towing West anymore. They already stopped going to California in the Spring. HL fills the void?

Just have to wait and see when more announcements are made.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
10/25/23, 4:59 PM   #27
Jonr

A couple of thoughts.....

While Brad and Kyle are the faces of High Limit, I have always thought that Flo was the money.
Why would Flo want to have High Limit and All Stars combine? To produce more content for their channel.
Which would be easier to sell? A regional series and a part time national series, or a combined national series?
Even if all of the All Star races became High Limit races, there is still not enough money for a new owner to go make money in the series. Owning a national sprint car team is a losing proposition.

10/26/23, 2:08 PM   #28
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
I hope they keep the All Stars regional like now and do not try a coast-to-coast thing with them. I am hoping that a very good working relationship between the two parties will happen.

And at least ONE of them stays on Flo.
Me too....

10/26/23, 5:12 PM   #29
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

If memory serves the series was kinda floundering. Fortunately someone (Stewart) with the means, passion and devotion, and the ability to attract quality sponsors, was able too elevate the series to a level fan and racers seem to enjoy. Ive noticed over time companys want to do business with Tony. It seems to me these new owners possess the same qualitys. In addition; a unfounded rumor started by me is All Star series will be going nonwing next year as so not to interfer with the High Limit series
Last edited by mc/rider; 10/27/23 at 6:42 AM.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, flagboy55
10/26/23, 6:25 PM   #30
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
If memory serves the series was kinda floundering. Fortunately someone (Stewart) with the means, passion and devotion, and the ability to attract quality sponsors, was able too elevate the series to a level fan and racers seem to enjoy. Ive noticed over time companys want to do business with Tony. It seems to me these new owners possess the same qualitys. In addition a unfounded rumor started by me is All Star series will be going nonwing next year as so not to interfer with the High Limit series

Your Bass Ackwards Abe, All Stars will only run their winged shows on Weekends while High Limit will be running NON WING Tues-Weds with minimum 24,024 to win shows.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > High Limit Buys All Star Circuit of Champions.