IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > xtreme midgets
9/17/23, 7:49 PM   #1
xtreme midgets
leftrear

You have to wonder if they will be back next year. They scheduled some races that were almost guaranteed low car counts. The whole PA swing with an ARDC club that has like a 5 car average car count. Then tonight a Sunday night show at a 3/8 mile track. That is almost a for sure failure with no support from POWRI which is a shell of its former self. I have dabbled in dirtvision just because I like the midgets but I haven't got my money's worth. I prefer Flo. I wish xtreme the best but IMO its going where the sprint car series went unless they get someone else to run it .

2 members like this post: cornerthree, flagboy55
9/17/23, 8:30 PM   #2
Re: xtreme midgets
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Yes, poor counts all year and only 13 tonight at Red Hill. Figured it was going to be low and that’s what kept me from going tonight. Be surprised if there’s another season for this series.

4 members like this post: Aurora78, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, luckybuc97
9/17/23, 8:30 PM   #3
openwheelfan1

I was hoping that with DIRT pairing up with POWRi, they would revitalize what had been a slowly declining POWRi schedule and participation. I also hoped that DIRT’s marketing and management MIGHT bring some potential sponsors and marketing partners to midget racing. Although they did expand the schedule some, participation has plummeted. I know USAC car counts aren’t great, but it is sad to see low teens car counts at the xTreme events.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
9/18/23, 12:52 AM   #4
Therealether

I feel like they should have kept the sprints and dumped the midgets. Or run a lighter schedule like last year. I don't seem them back in '24

4 members like this post: billw, cshuman, NoDramazone2020, oppweld
9/18/23, 12:36 PM   #5
Jonr

I am not ready to give up on Xtreme midgets. They need to learn some lessons from this year's schedule. Run the smaller tracks. Stay in areas where there are cars to draw from. I think there is enough support for this division. Also, the racing has been great.

3 members like this post: PIT CART, skids59, TNRustler
9/18/23, 6:18 PM   #6
miledirt

They were great at lil Doe Run track in Mo.

2 members like this post: skids59, TNRustler
9/19/23, 2:54 PM   #7
TNRustler

I've been to 3 of their races this year, Wayne County, Doe Run and Marion and I enjoyed all 3. Hopefully they continue next year with lessons learned from this year.

2 members like this post: miledirt, skids59
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > xtreme midgets