IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Hulman Classic TONITE @ T
5/23/23, 9:04 PM   #21
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Only USAC.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: bighd0522, PIT CART
5/23/23, 9:41 PM   #22
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

We got 22 cars getting ready to battle on a beautiful night on a track on the brink of extinction and we have complaints.

5/23/23, 10:54 PM   #23
Re: Tony Hulman Classic TONITE @ T
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
We got 22 cars getting ready to battle on a beautiful night on a track on the brink of extinction and we have complaints.
Never mind that one poster. He's been an Action Track troll on this board for years. Beautiful night. Big crowd, here for a USAC show. Virtuoso performance by Brady Bacon. It was a successful debut for Bill Rose and his team. I'm glad, because he took the financial risk to take this on and I for one, am thankful. He deserves to be successful.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/24/23 at 1:10 AM.

5/24/23, 1:47 AM   #24
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Never mind that one poster. He's been an Action Track troll on this board for years. Beautiful night. Big crowd, here for a USAC show. Virtuoso performance by Brady Bacon. It was a successful debut for Bill Rose and his team. I'm glad, because he took the financial risk to take this on and I for one, am thankful. He deserves to be successful.

Jerry
Well said, Jerry. Tuesday night is a work day so wouldn’t expect a big crowd by 6 pm. Kudos to Bill and his crew, track was racey and great night at Terre Haute. Good seeing you Jerry. Just rolled into my ranch and my 3 hour, 205 mile drive home. Left the track at 10:17 pm. No complaints from me at all….. complainers should be happy they are still racing at Terre Haute!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

5/24/23, 1:51 AM   #25
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
The one track where everyone loves single car qualifying, they do away with it. And there’s only 24 cars so it wouldn’t even take long. Weird decision to immediately piss off fans again by a new promoter.
Didn’t piss me off at all!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

5/24/23, 2:06 AM   #26
cowboyhar69

How does anyone know if it was Bill Rose’s decision to run the modified feature first?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jdull99, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, OnTheHammer, oppweld
5/24/23, 2:55 AM   #27
cowboyhar69

Here’s your answer to the complainers about running the Mod feature 1st. Click on the link and as you can see there was NO B main for the Mods. The plan was to run the Mod feature first to give the sprint car B main guys time to get ready for the feature. There was NO down time all night and if the sprint car feature would have been 1st then there would have been down time. Yeah they ran a B main to eliminate 1 car……. But the Indianapolis Motor Speedway kept qualifying to eliminate 1 car last Sunday!
Attached Images
IMG_2385.jpg (105.1 KB, 56 views)

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

5/24/23, 8:03 AM   #28
Rpracing1

Congratulations to Bill Rose and Brady Bacon. Track was prepped perfectly, �� had it dialed in. I wish Justin hadn’t broke an injection cause I think he may of had something for the Macho Man.

You don’t make show, you had better run harder next time or you’ll be sitting on the sidelines again.

Cummins just continues to improve there with a good Swanson battle.

Very nice crowd to start off Speedweek Indy style. That ole girl woke up again last eve!!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 5/24/23 at 4:44 PM.

5/24/23, 8:46 AM   #29
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Great to have racing back at THAT. I wasn't there and am glad to have been able to witness what the camera showed. Breathtaking racing.

Some observations (Not complaints, B*ches, or whinning)

Cling made a hell of a save. That car was two thirds of the way toward barrel roll, sad he couldn't get repairs made.

I feel Ballou should have been evacuated from his car when they finally got him stopped, Things get a whole lot more panicked and complicated if fire breaks out. Glad everything worked out.

The answer to this one of course is be there in person, But the speed shot does nothing for viewers yet there are cars on the track. Id like to see who's out there. One of the things about Thursday night thunders and why everyone wanted to run or have their car out there was the exposure for car owners and sponsors. (Both are getting rarer)

Anyway, Congrats to THAT, Bill Rose and of course THE BEAST of Bacon on the Hulman, Was really worried it wouldn't even happen.

And thanks to the Stapp's for the qualification bonus in honor of Bopper.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/24/23 at 8:54 AM.

5/25/23, 8:06 AM   #30
Bill Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
How does anyone know if it was Bill Rose’s decision to run the modified feature first?
It was Bills call and USAC sprints will race last in the future. He wants fans to be able to go to the pits and visit with the drivers and teams after the race. If the support class races last some of the sprint teams will be loaded when the pits are opened.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tony Hulman Classic TONITE @ T