IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Boss Sprints at Florence KY May 27th
5/27/23, 9:49 PM   #11
Re: Boss Sprints at Florence KY May 27th
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt View Post
Any updates
Matt Westfall won the feature.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, mc/rider, oppweld, tirespinner
5/28/23, 2:31 AM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Westfall
Lewis
Haselet

18 cars.

Lewis led the first fifteen or so laps on the bottom with most running the bottom Matt couldn't pass him so he went topside and within three or four laps was around and gone.

Good show, Great crowd. they got a Flo LM night next weds too.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/28/23 at 2:33 AM.

5/30/23, 12:59 AM   #13
Charles Nungester

5/30/23, 8:57 AM   #14
Charles Nungester

video is from back stretch

5/30/23, 9:24 AM   #15
Dale

The 4 is like the nascar 22. You don't want him in P2 if you are in P1.

5/30/23, 1:35 PM   #16
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
video is from back stretch
Nice video.............Let us know Chuck when it is posted....Chuck, Do you realize that you just surpassed the 20K post mark? Wowza!
Last edited by Rpracing1; 5/30/23 at 1:47 PM.

5/30/23, 2:52 PM   #17
kb78

This was my first time to Florence and I doubt it will be my last, kind of a paperclip with decent banking. During hot laps and qualifying it was entertaining just watching the sprint cars try and stay straight coming down the front stretch as the weight would transfer.

I thought the racing was really good through the heats and the feature, the BOSS guys usually put on a nice show, what they lack in pure power they make up for with diversity of drivers and equipment. There are a lot of comers and goers in their races usually. I had Westfall and Lewis pegged as the guys to beat and it was a good race between them, Matt tried low for about ten laps and then decided to try the cushion and was able to get it done.

Sometimes you go to a track that doesn't typically race sprints and they have issue with push vehicles, not the case with this race as Many of Eldora's regular trucks were there with others to help out. It should also be stated that Lawrenceburg's safety team was there to assist, I think Indiana race fans take them for granted sometimes as they travel around to help out at other tracks. I would put them up against any safety crew that I have seen in the country, just my opinion.

They also did a great job of moving the show along as the support divisions were always ready to roll. Kudos to the support divisions as well as there were not a ton of cautions that seem to plague them like they sometimes do.

Florence seems to have plenty of stands, there was a little wait in line to get in the building and there were lines for food but they moved along at a decent pace not to mention it was $1 night for some foods which I'm sure made for longer lines.

Florence is not the place yo want to go for the first time to take your camper to a track, not a flat place in the parking lot. We got it done though.

As I said, I will probably go back. I kept thinking that I would love to see the National guys there and I think I would like to see some Late Models on the track to compare.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/30/23, 3:04 PM   #18
Charles Nungester

Was good to see you again KB. The LM's at big events will run the cusion and throw bomb sliders like the sprints can. You'll often see Josh Rice and Bobby Pierce throw sliders and scrape the wall riding the rim.

Sadly like all of racing they no longer run weekly Full up LMs and suffer in at car counts like many tracks are. Ten Grand to win races sometimes don't pull a full field.

Luckily they got four or five events going for em. Latham, North South, monster trucks.
That crowd saturday was bigger than the spring fifty.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/30/23 at 3:07 PM.

5/30/23, 3:15 PM   #19
kb78

Yes Charles, it was nice to talk if even for just a few minutes. Hopefully I will see you if we both make it to L-burg Midget week.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/30/23, 4:03 PM   #20
wallbanger II

camper parking on the back stretch

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Boss Sprints at Florence KY May 27th