IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did USAC mess up or does blame go elsewhere?
9/25/22, 1:36 PM   #21
Joe Schaub

Question: Is the transponder given to the teams and the teams keep it over the entire event and if turned in that is the team saying they are done for the event?

2 members like this post: nathans1012, tirespinner
9/25/22, 4:59 PM   #22
Re: Did USAC mess up or does blame go elsewhere?
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
I'd ask many of you if many here on IOW if you have gone out of your way to watch a late model or modified show?
This is IndianaOpenWheel.com ... I'm going to go out on a big limb and say the overwhelming answer is no.

If there were only late model/mortified cab cars to watch it would save me a lot of money as I would never attend another race in person. I have numerous friends in the cab car world and if that's your thing great but for me I would just as soon paint my bathroom wall then sit on the toilet and watch it until it totally dries.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, tirespinner
9/25/22, 5:30 PM   #23
DJlives

No

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/25/22, 5:31 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Love LM's myself. After working a bit on a sprint car I then went and worked two years on Bombers then LM's. Used to have both sprints and LM's at my home track.

9/25/22, 5:45 PM   #25
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
This is IndianaOpenWheel.com ... I'm going to go out on a big limb and say the overwhelming answer is no.

If there were only late model/mortified cab cars to watch it would save me a lot of money as I would never attend another race in person. I have numerous friends in the cab car world and if that's your thing great but for me I would just as soon paint my bathroom wall then sit on the toilet and watch it until it totally dries.
Went to 2 last year at Circle City and they were every bit as good as open wheel races. YMMV

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
9/25/22, 6:26 PM   #26
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIllSprinter View Post
Interesting discussion. Damned if you do damned if you don’t. USAC, and quite frankly, any sanction are in a no win situation. Every keyboard jockey has an opinion, notwithstanding having zero real insider knowledge of the circumstance. Anytime a sanction makes a decision the knee jerk reactions begin. I don’t know the true circumstances here, and neither so any of you. I know Rose has ran off and on with USAC for years. I also know he posted his side of the story on social media and many immediately formulated their opinion based on that post. USAC countered. I’m not sure what else people want here, it’s a done deal. USAC made their decision to scratch the hooligan based on the 66 cars withdrawal. After that, and since the race has been run, there’s little more to deal with. Everybody wants a pound of flesh, when it seems in this instance it is a situation of nuance in which it’s difficult to find anyone to be a “bad” guy.
Just to clarify. Is this post not from a keyboard jockey and just a prophecy of truth?? Once again for the record. This board is designed for people to discuss their thought and opinion of a situation. Usac wanted a spot light when making some of their huge rules decisions in the past so now they are under a microscope for all decisions. Unfortunately it’s where we are. Perception is usually 9/10ths the reality and the general feeling about current leadership is not held in high esteem by many. Get over it. No one can make the perfect decision all of the time, but history teaches that when a habit of questionable decisions are made, those making the decisions are not simply accepted as correct.

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Hubie48, mc/rider
9/25/22, 6:31 PM   #27
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schaub View Post
Question: Is the transponder given to the teams and the teams keep it over the entire event and if turned in that is the team saying they are done for the event?
In my experience you always turned it in at the end of the night and they would recharge them, and you were giving another one the next day (for multiple day shows)
Last edited by interpreter66; 9/25/22 at 6:32 PM.

3 members like this post: Hubie48, Oleman61x, tirespinner
9/25/22, 7:04 PM   #28
JMA1181

Always a bummer when an entrant tries to cyber bully a sanctioning body into a starting position instead of handling it like a professional. Windom had no qualifying time, why should he be allowed to run an A-main?
Last edited by JMA1181; 9/25/22 at 7:07 PM.

1 member likes this post: fish
9/25/22, 10:08 PM   #29
Joe Schaub

Well, it does say in the Silver Crown rule book (posted on page 1 of this thread) that any car not posting a time is lined up behind those who post a time in qualifying if no transfer races are ran.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
9/25/22, 10:11 PM   #30
Joe Schaub

Thank you for that clarification.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Did USAC mess up or does blame go elsewhere?