IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SC driver intros
5/26/23, 7:18 PM   #1
SC driver intros
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I wonder if Flo is making them do this abbreviated version of driver intros? I know it takes a couple extra minutes to do it the traditional way with the driver out of the car but it’s a lot better. Watched a NARC race recently and they did it right so why can’t USAC?
Also I was not a fan at all of tandem qualifying at Terre Haute. Since I don’t have insect eyes I basically missed half of time trials. And it was only 24 cars.
Super condensed shows are ok for tv but they aren’t good for fans who have to travel a ways to attend. Kinda feels like a rip off.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
5/26/23, 8:37 PM   #2
Re: SC driver intros
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
I wonder if Flo is making them do this abbreviated version of driver intros? I know it takes a couple extra minutes to do it the traditional way with the driver out of the car but it’s a lot better. Watched a NARC race recently and they did it right so why can’t USAC?
Also I was not a fan at all of tandem qualifying at Terre Haute. Since I don’t have insect eyes I basically missed half of time trials. And it was only 24 cars.
Super condensed shows are ok for tv but they aren’t good for fans who have to travel a ways to attend. Kinda feels like a rip off.
You have now bitched twice about the two cars at a time qualifying at THAT. There are some people on this board who love TT and others who can’t stand them. A happy medium is two at a time. If you can’t have two cars at a time at half a track apart from each other and not know what’s going on then maybe quite possibly the problem is you. I have taken daggers over the years about the TT issue. If they are absolutely necessary they need to be sped up. My first time at THAT there were close to 70 cars and they went a whole lap around before taking green at one car at a time. I could have cooked and ate a meal during that track destroying waste of time.
If Larsons wish of sprint cars with starters comes true, then they could put 4 cars at a time out there on a track as big as THAT. Please keep in mind nobody asks at the end of the nite who timed quick, they care who won after 30 laps with 21 other cars out there.

5/26/23, 9:19 PM   #3
DJlives

The answer is very simple. There were (are) problems with the lights at IRP. The schedule was altered, things were eliminated and other things expedited to make sure all the events could be ran. There were plans for across the stage introductions which were scrapped

5/27/23, 6:56 AM   #4
Hubie48

Like my Dad used to say

"He would ***** if you hung him with a new rope"

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/27/23, 1:48 PM   #5
brown11b

Actually wish USAC would go to more double qualifying events at other tracks as well.

They did it last year at Lincoln Park on a rain delayed night and thought it went really well. Believe it was during sprint week and close to 50 cars and were able to knock out qualifications quickly

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, racefan20, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
5/27/23, 2:12 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Im with him in some ways and not with others. If you got the time, Do driver intros. Driver and a flagger in front of each car.

Either single car qualify, Group qualify against your heat or draw. The two and three car deal is BS. At the track you can only watch one, On flo the split screen sucks and the smaller TV or screen you have the worse it is.

Im honestly at a point where I think USAC should go with a group qualify format against their heat, the rookie or slow poke will still go to the tail. But the qualifying is IMHO a big reason a lot of teams opt out. even if they do race good at certain tracks, They're behind the eight ball when they show up.

Also think the tire they qualify on is the one they should have to start the feature with. (If that isn't the case already)

Part of the USAC show and WoO and other sanctions to me was always the qualifying. One car, two laps. Full attention. You could hear a motor strain down the back straight at Eldora. Hear if and when they lift and see if they bobble, tap the wall and have a good idea if it was a good lap or not before hearing a time. With less and less cars. I feel that's even more important as part of overall show. in terms of value to go.

Still the cream of the crop. Just want the best for everyone. If it's not interfearing with Race time. There is no reason to gripe from a fans perspective. These races are starting at 7-730 Used to be 830 when I was younger and thats if the track was even packed in yet.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SC driver intros