IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier
6/7/17, 1:37 PM   #41
Re: Montpelier
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't know any dirt fan that fully expects to get out of a normal start time show before 10pm on the featured class.

11pm is barely a gripe

12am and beyond, Complain away.

Taking their show away and wasn't even there.
Pathetic.

7 members like this post: bobO, cwfan08, Dirteater, erich45, flagboy55, leftturnonly, mc/rider
6/7/17, 2:39 PM   #42
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
I wasn't there last night and that sounds like a good thing.pretty late when people have to work in a few hours after completion.no excuse.how many parents were leaving with their children.sounds like a replacement may be needed for this track on the midget week schedule.not a way to grow the sport.
It's a week day race, nobody holds a gun to anyone's head and forces them to go. If you're concerned about your kids going and being up late then maybe hire a babysitter instead, it's the summer time, kids are out of school and plenty of high schoolers headed off to college in the fall are looking to make a buck.

If you're worried about work the next day, a lot of employers have these things called "vacation days". They're pretty cool. I use a weeks worth of them during Indiana Sprint Week. If you don't have any then I guess you could be an adult and just say, "Hey, we'll catch the next one, I don't wanna be dragging @ss at work in the morning".

2 members like this post: Dirteater, tirespinner
6/7/17, 2:40 PM   #43
racegurl68

Quote:
Originally Posted by trannyman View Post
That's still a great thing about America,we still have choices.Do,don't do.There are things in the world that aren't to my likings but I don't expect changes just because.I just choose to do what I do like and capable of doing.Oh please,Bob,put up the beating a dead horse moji.lol

4 members like this post: OnTheHammer, racefan20, tirespinner, trannyman
6/7/17, 6:49 PM   #44
flagboy55

Here's my take. It was my first visit there and overall enjoyable. The track got used up fast and made for a couple bad sprint heats. The midget heats were good and the midget feature was really good. The biggest blessing of the night however was the north wind. If it would have been south, I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more complaining. Somebody will probably criticize me for this but my suggestion would be leave the mods at home. Nothing against them but on a week night with good fields of midgets and sprints, I don't see the need. If the promoters need it for revenue, I would rather pay a couple bucks more with 2 classes than have the extra wear and tear on the track. If this was any indication of how the next few nights will be, those of you who are going are in for a treat!

6/8/17, 10:02 AM   #45
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I don't know any dirt fan that fully expects to get out of a normal start time show before 10pm on the featured class.

11pm is barely a gripe

12am and beyond, Complain away.

Taking their show away and wasn't even there.
Pathetic.
To be successful I think shows need to be completed within 3 hours of when the first car hits the track, or you will never bring in casual fans and new faces.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, OnTheHammer, racer-x, Will Shunk
6/8/17, 11:24 AM   #46
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
To be successful I think shows need to be completed within 3 hours of when the first car hits the track, or you will never bring in casual fans and new faces.
Yes, But it's the fact that the people willing to take vacations follow both midget and sprint weeks that make the Tues-Thurs shows possible in the first place.

I agree about the mods not being needed, if they ditched them and added $5 dollars to the gate, would you complain or compliment?

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
6/8/17, 11:54 AM   #47
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Yes, But it's the fact that the people willing to take vacations follow both midget and sprint weeks that make the Tues-Thurs shows possible in the first place.

I agree about the mods not being needed, if they ditched them and added $5 dollars to the gate, would you complain or compliment?
Not everyone is on vacation. I used to average 80 or more races per year since I moved here in 2006, and when the first Midget week track went to $25 I stopped going there as the year before it was $ 20 admission, and I left at 12:30 am and they hadn't run the sprints. I figured if they couldn't run a good paced program for 20, why would I want to pay more for the same thing, especially on a work night the next yr?

That was a couple years ago, and I've gone from 80 plus races a yr to about 20 last yr and I doubt I'll go to that many this yr.

6/8/17, 4:22 PM   #48
Dirteater

Some of you complaining about end times. I was at Montpelier for over 9 hours. Enjoyed bench racing with some folks out front in parking lot. Lol

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, trannyman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier