IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lucas Oil Raceway - August 13th & 14th 2021. Hoosier Classic
10/1/20, 10:29 PM   #11
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

It lacks the amenities, improvements include new lighting multiple food stands. The PA is still lacking, but the RACING the atmosphere and history is unparalleled! How many of the naysayers support this place?

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
10/1/20, 10:32 PM   #12
Re: Lucas Oil Raceway - August 13th & 14th 2021. Hoosier Cla
duel

I was at the last show double 500 weekend. Great show. 23 midget and 23 sprints started the features. Great show! This will be a must for me. Love the pavement shows.

2 members like this post: oppweld, Puppy
10/2/20, 12:28 AM   #13

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

So I see this is Nascar weekend will the BC39 be on the Wed- thur before like it has been. I still see nothing about that race which has been scheduled before when the Nascar date was set. Also Knoxville Nationals those days, Not that matters much as there is not too many cross over drivers but a choice to make for some fans. I'd probably go, throw in the BC and i am in for sure.

10/4/20, 1:16 PM   #14
flagboy55

Once again Oppweld hits the nail on the head. I’m not saying the Action Track is the best facility, although I have no issues with it, but the track itself is barely rivaled. I know Tony posted that he perceives our opinions as negative but that wasn’t the intention. This program at Terre Haute is an almost guaranteed success whereas the pavement version to me is not so much. I was fortunate to have my Dad get hooked up with a USAC team back in the 70’s and I got to see what I consider to be the best of times as far as running both dirt and pavement. I see the resurrection of pavement is underway and I applaud it, but to me these races are pretty much racing for best in class. I absolutely don’t feel that way when they’re on dirt. There’s many reasons for the demise of pavement racing, first is the fact you need different cars for both. Now I’m sure someone will say it is necessary but I’m here to tell you it’s not because I’ve witnessed it as I’m sure many others on this sight have too. The second factor and will always be my biggest reason is dirt racing is more exciting about 98% of the time. Good luck to this race and to the participants, we’re just saying this event at one of the most iconic tracks in the country would be better

2 members like this post: dirt330, oppweld
10/4/20, 9:18 PM   #15
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Winchester next.

3 members like this post: dirt330, Hustlin-Hoosier, monkeyboy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lucas Oil Raceway - August 13th & 14th 2021. Hoosier Classic