12/20/21, 4:35 PM   #51
Re: DuQuoin Indoor race
SoIllSprinter

1st heat 5 pm. It was a 6+ hour slog.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/20/21, 4:51 PM   #52
Re: DuQuoin Indoor race
thunder31

I was there and thought the racing was pretty good all night. They did stretch the show out way too late and the support races definitely slowed things down. Too much track prep and this is coming from someone used to watching the tractor show at Tri-State Speedway which is worth the wait most of the time. I hope it doesn't kill midget racing in DuQuion but I'm hoping everyone calms down realizes its great to see any racing in the winter when we get the chance.

4 members like this post: mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner, trackprep
12/20/21, 5:24 PM   #53
toledo47

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder31 View Post
I was there and thought the racing was pretty good all night. They did stretch the show out way too late and the support races definitely slowed things down. Too much track prep and this is coming from someone used to watching the tractor show at Tri-State Speedway which is worth the wait most of the time. I hope it doesn't kill midget racing in DuQuion but I'm hoping everyone calms down realizes its great to see any racing in the winter when we get the chance.
Nothing wrong with some criticism, so that they can possibly improve the show for next time.
I made an 8+ hour 1 way drive and I would again, though I may hesitate if they have that many support races again unless they post an order of the events before the weekend... I don’t enjoy sitting in the fumes that long just watching constant yellow flag laps...
They had less doors open this time than when I went before as well... I recall the doors by turn 3 being open during the powri show I went to. Would’ve been nice to have a bit better air in there.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, thunder31, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > DuQuoin Indoor race