IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway May 30th World of Outlaws!
5/30/22, 10:35 PM   #11
Re: Lawrenceburg Speedway May 30th World of Outlaws!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Come back saturday 79* for four story slide jobs. Indiana Midget week

Results
.Haudenschild +4
2.Larson +14
3.Schuchart +1
4.Gravel +3
5.Bayston -2
6.Scelzi +0
7.Sweet +2
8. Co Macedo +4
9.McFadden +8
10.Allen +4
11.Schatz +7
12.Zearfoss -11
13. Ca Macedo -11
14.Gass +10
15.Eliason +0

3 members like this post: racenut69, rapid robert, TNRustler
5/30/22, 10:36 PM   #12
Blitzman

Awesome race at Lawrenceburg!!
You would think with WoO being the tracks biggest race of the year, the trophy would be bigger. Lol

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
5/30/22, 11:17 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

1 member likes this post: fish
5/30/22, 11:17 PM   #14
flagboy55

Just clicked on this thread. Fabulous race! Excellent entertainment. I don’t want to cast aspersions, but the $39 all age reserved seat ticket seems like a good way to keep families away. But from what I saw on TV, the crowd was good so maybe they don’t need families?

5/31/22, 1:24 AM   #15
badcoupe

Parking lot was packed but stands didn’t look packed. We sat in pit bleachers, forgot to take glasses couldn’t hardly view the race due to the dirt. It was bad rocky up there too all night. Larson put on a hell of a drive.

5/31/22, 7:43 AM   #16

One of the best races I have ever seen at the track. For everyone on this board that hates wings, you missed one heck of a race. I'm dead tired at work today, but it was worth it. If you were not aggressive last night, you were running at the back. SO glad i seen that race in person!

5/31/22, 7:55 AM   #17
sw1911

I must ask, is there anything USAC could ever do to put on a show like that? Or is that [butt.ugly] wing always going to separate the men from the boys?

2 members like this post: 767, PIT CART
5/31/22, 8:04 AM   #18
BillyG

Completely enjoyed the show that the Outlaws put on last night but more importantly my 12 year old son and my 11 year old nephew had an absolute blast! They did not care that it was hot and sunny out or what the track conditions were like or that we ate dirt all night sitting in turn 2 area, they loved it!
they got to see Kyle Larson, Christopher Bell, Alex Bowman, Sheldon Haudenschild, Logan Shuchart,Jacob Allen Etc..all race their hearts out wide open against the wall. then after the race they got to go into the pits and get autographs and pictures with all the drivers, the excitement and pure joy they experienced was well worth more than whatever the cost was to get in.
That Had me thinking this morning that if we all could just go to the track like we were kids again and just have fun and be excited to enjoy the night of racing no matter what the track conditions are like or what the weather is like or what the car count is and remember what it was that got us loving the sport in the first place, then it would much more enjoyable.
Last edited by BillyG; 5/31/22 at 8:14 AM.

5/31/22, 10:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
I must ask, is there anything USAC could ever do to put on a show like that? Or is that [butt.ugly] wing always going to separate the men from the boys?
That feature has to be up for Race of the year. There was Action everywhere. If you were not passing someone, you were getting passed. The outlaw boys showed up the All Stars. Hats off to the track crew. On a hot nasty day, they got it right.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
5/31/22, 12:17 PM   #20
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1911 View Post
I don't get it. You haven't seen good USAC races? Last night's feature was really good, but it wasn't day and night different than what I usually see.

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, oppweld, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Speedway May 30th World of Outlaws!