IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #21 8/1/22 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
Any results?
Roahrig took the sprint car main.
Larson won the midgets by a mile.

Good racing all around, except the 1st place contest in midgets.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, ronmil
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #22 8/2/22 1:02 AM
Originally Posted by DaleDuBois:
Any results?
https://www.500sprintcartour.com/results

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
Kart29 (Offline)
  #23 8/2/22 11:32 AM
I had a great time! I LOVE sprints and midgets on asphalt. Dirt is great, too - but the pavement really does it for me.

Roarhig was fast qualifier, I think, and came from 10th spot for the win. He made a last lap pass in turns 3-4 to take the lead over Billy Wease. He also had a heck of a time working his way past Kody Swanson. I was afraid he'd used up all his tire getting by Swanson. But he still had enough left to run down Wease.

Roarhig made some bold moves with a couple of outside passes on fast cars. I thought he really put on a great show.

Kyle Larson tried to come from the third row and lead all the cars into turn one on the first three starting attempts. They yellow flagged it every time. I think it was the fourth restart he finally stayed in line and we got a valid start. I love to see a driver get a good advantage on a start/restart. It's all part of the game, if you ask me. But Larson was cheating the start so bad there's no way they could let it slide. in the interview after the race he said something like "I'm new here and didn't know you couldn't do that". That's funny, Kyle!

I hadn't been to IRP for many years. Man what a blast! I love these cars!
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, jdull99
ronmil (Offline)
  #24 8/2/22 12:23 PM
Enjoyable evening.

Ron Miller
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #25 8/2/22 3:53 PM
Great to see pavement making a little resurgence. I wish you all could have seen back when it contributed to the championship
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, PIT CART