IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 10/7/2023 - Lawrenceburg Speedway Results
10/8/23, 2:53 PM   #11
Blacki-Suede

Charles, East Bay Speedway has signed an intent to purchase agreement with The Mosaic Company,a mining processing facility that currently almost surrounds the track. I believe it was a five year agreement with 2024 being the final year. With weekly auto racing heading in the direction it is going I’m sure the owners, who have owned East Bay for 17 + years, are OK with the purchase. You can look it up on the internet.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/8/23, 3:48 PM   #12
Re: 10/7/2023 - Lawrenceburg Speedway Results
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacki-Suede View Post
Charles, East Bay Speedway has signed an intent to purchase agreement with The Mosaic Company,a mining processing facility that currently almost surrounds the track. I believe it was a five year agreement with 2024 being the final year. With weekly auto racing heading in the direction it is going I’m sure the owners, who have owned East Bay for 17 + years, are OK with the purchase. You can look it up on the internet.
Yes and I was pointing out what he said, That when he started seventeen years ago he was getting 150 LMS and a hundred sprints show up. Now he's barely getting 30-40 and he only sees it continuing on that path.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, Speedmax3
10/9/23, 2:25 PM   #13
Re: 10/7/2023 - Lawrenceburg Speedway Results
Speedmax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Yes and I was pointing out what he said, That when he started seventeen years ago he was getting 150 LMS and a hundred sprints show up. Now he's barely getting 30-40 and he only sees it continuing on that path.
Charles, and that's a good point. Earlier in the year at the local Indiana shows I was surprised at how high some of the car counts were with multiple tracks running but as the year went on the counts dropped off. I stopped at Indy race parts the other day and it's staggering how much and how quickly the cost of parts are going up. I'm not implying it's Bernie's fault as he can only pass along the increases to maintain his business. What I'm saying is the cost of maintaining these cars is increasing a lot. Heaven help you if your a small local team that loses an engine. Most only have one as engine cost have escalated so much. Hoosier's prices keep going up along with their delaminating tires. I talked to an owner a few weeks ago who has won track championships at another track and was a regular at Lawrenceburg in past years and he's unsure if he wants to continue. Only had his car out a couple of times this year. I'm one of those that prefers weekly shows but I think for Lawrenceburg may have to do what Kokomo and Gas City have done. Time will tell.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flagboy55
10/9/23, 6:24 PM   #14
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Charles, not sure how East Bay got brought into Lawrenceburg. I went back and looked up the car counts at East Bay Raceway the last seven years. Your comment of "barely getting" 30 - 40 late models is way off. The path has clearly climbed the last several years, both in car counts and attendance. Here are car counts from random days of the last seven years at East Bay:

2023 - 62
2022 - 70
2021 - 72
2020 - 65
2019 - 53
2018 - 46
2017 - 44

I'd say the track has been doing quite well, especially when those early week late model shows only pay $5,000 to $7,000 to win.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 10/7/2023 - Lawrenceburg Speedway Results