IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question for Experts....
6/15/23, 6:28 AM   #11
Re: Question for Experts....
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
Sammy hit push truck at Lernerville

Was a long time since I seen the video and yes, Lernerville.

6/15/23, 9:36 AM   #12
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead748 View Post
I had a push truck run over my right rear tire once. Tore up the wing sideboard and some other stuff. The program ended up raining out yet the promoter came to me & asked how much damage. He came back a bit later with the cash.
This is what the good promoters will do. I have heard of other examples of promoters doing the same thing when similar events have happened. However, as we know not all promoters are the same.

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, motorhead748, tirespinner
6/15/23, 11:17 AM   #13
Speedmax3

From the video I saw the push truck driver was not squared up behind Justin when he pushed him off so he was pushing the rear of the car towards the wall. As we know with the compression these cars have the tires tend to skid initially and then begin to rotate. I'm speculating that the push truck driver learned a lessen from his mistake. Justin probably absorbed that expense.

6/17/23, 10:04 AM   #14
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

The Push Truck driver

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
6/17/23, 2:56 PM   #15
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Man I hate it for that guy. Just wondering his experience level and if he's had any other incidents. Everyone is going to make a mistake sooner or later. Definitely a under appreciated job that pays zilch and they make it look easy 99.9% of the time. Just hope Grant didn't make too much of a stink about it. I'm sure he was mad to put it lightly, but at least his team can afford the repairs and it wasn't some underfunded team that could have sunk their night. I'm not saying that just because it was Grant that it was acceptable.

6/18/23, 9:04 AM   #16
Jonr

When you hear the human side of it, it does hit a little bit different. The push truck driver was just doing something that he loved and volunteered his time, but he has not lost that. Hopefully after some time away, he will be able to start doing it again.

This is by far not the first time that a sprint car hooked in one direction as it was being pushed off. It was just unfortunate that it happened in the starting lane chute. If this happened on the track it is a not issue.

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, Speedmax3, The Old Coyote
6/18/23, 2:10 PM   #17
kendirt

If you watch the video the push truck was under power until well after Grant's car hit the guardrail.

Yeah it sucks for that guy, but he created the situation.

As hard as it hit it would be lucky if it just wrecked a wheel.
Last edited by kendirt; 6/18/23 at 10:40 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Question for Experts....