IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Must Watch
2/20/24, 5:41 PM   #1
Must Watch
flagboy55

Everyone go on YouTube and check out today’s Dirtrackr Daily. Some brutal truth about those of us who love wingless racing and some streaming stuff as well

2/20/24, 5:52 PM   #2
Re: Must Watch
racefan20

Saw it and dont particularly agree with him

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/20/24, 7:27 PM   #3
Vookie

I didn't know he was on Tik-Tok, :29

He hopes to reach 40,000 followers on his YT channel before the end of 2024, the population of the United States is roughly 331 million people.

What that says to me is that dirt racing is a niche sport. Sprint car racing or any form of dirt racing is completely foreign to the average citizen of the US. To argue that winged sprints are more popular than USAC sprints is like
arguing that curling is more popular than Lacrosse.

2/20/24, 10:48 PM   #4
flagboy55

Jim, I’m not sure what you wouldn’t agree with. I don’t want to agree with him but I recognize truth when I see it in spite of how hard it is to swallow. And Vookie, I like your analogy even though I think we could come up with a better one. So on this topic today, the outstanding announcer Chet Christner chimed in with this. This is not verbatim but it’s close. NonWing, midget, Crown racing is very entertaining and in his opinion the best out there. But we don’t understand how small our audience is, with a few exceptions compared to wings and LM’s, not even close. Those aren’t my words, that’s from someone who sees the numbers

3 members like this post: mlamb, opnwhlmnd, progressive22
2/21/24, 12:41 AM   #5
Vookie

Stop worrying what is popular and enjoy what you like.

2/21/24, 12:56 AM   #6
Hubie48

and what did Chet do to grow the sport other than act like a straight up hill billy?

What Chad and Kyle are doing is dragging the sport into money, thru organization. USAC is the organization, and sometimes I think it must still be 1965. The caste system they had worked for a long time. Changing taste and technology put paid most of their races and most of that was the Club's inability to change.

It even cost them the Indy 500

PS - I'm not on social media. Tik Tok:-) to bad our society puts so much weight into meaningless, worthless information. Jesus, life goes off in front of you. Get off your phone. I long for the day the phone was on the wall in the kitchen. Most idiots could not leave the house without a phone.
Last edited by Hubie48; 2/21/24 at 1:05 AM. Reason: post script

2 members like this post: oppweld, racenut69
2/21/24, 7:57 AM   #7
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vookie View Post
I didn't know he was on Tik-Tok, :29

He hopes to reach 40,000 followers on his YT channel before the end of 2024, the population of the United States is roughly 331 million people.

What that says to me is that dirt racing is a niche sport. Sprint car racing or any form of dirt racing is completely foreign to the average citizen of the US. To argue that winged sprints are more popular than USAC sprints is like
arguing that curling is more popular than Lacrosse.
I’d say any form of racing is foreign to the average American.
I watch Dirttrackr most every day. While he does a good job of presenting his stuff the majority of it is stuff that can be seen beforehand on social media he’s kinda in that business

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hubie48, oppweld
2/21/24, 8:44 AM   #8
kb78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie48 View Post
and what did Chet do to grow the sport other than act like a straight up hill billy?

What Chad and Kyle are doing is dragging the sport into money, thru organization. USAC is the organization, and sometimes I think it must still be 1965. The caste system they had worked for a long time. Changing taste and technology put paid most of their races and most of that was the Club's inability to change.

It even cost them the Indy 500

PS - I'm not on social media. Tik Tok:-) to bad our society puts so much weight into meaningless, worthless information. Jesus, life goes off in front of you. Get off your phone. I long for the day the phone was on the wall in the kitchen. Most idiots could not leave the house without a phone.

I am not sure what kind of vitriol you must carry for Chet that you would have to bring him into this conversation, show me on the doll where he hurt you...

That being said, I don't necessarily agree that Brad and Chad bringing money through organization as much as they are bringing money through Kyle's celebrity, that is where the money is coming from. I hope that what they are doing works in the long run so we will see.

I agree with what Justin Fiedler is saying, non-winged racing just does not move the needle in the same manner as Winged sprints or big time late models so it doesn't make sense for him to center any of his episodes about it. It's not his job to promote non-winged racing just to report the goings on about it. Outside of Indiana it is very difficult for promoters to draw a crowd to any non-wing event, why do you think that Eldora brought the Outlaws and All-Stars into the 4 Crown? The event was dying and they have had great crowds ever since the change. Justin is not sullying the name of non-winged racing, he is just stating a fact.

2/21/24, 12:42 PM   #9
Hubie48

Well if he quits reporting I hope it survives

2/21/24, 1:31 PM   #10
BrentTFunk

The reason that non wing is less popular is because wings and late models make better billlboards. Nascar is more popular than Indycar for the same reason. Formula one is by far the richest and most popular of all. It didn't do that much for me, even when I saw it in person. So since they are the most popular, does that make them the best racing?

4 members like this post: Grocery Guy, oppweld, Speedmax3, Stephen Cording
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Must Watch