IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ronmil (Offline)
  #1 6/29/22 9:54 PM
Are coolers allowed in the grandstand at IRP?

Ron Miller
richie (Offline)
  #2 6/29/22 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Are coolers allowed in the grandstand at IRP?
Yes.

From the track's website:

Q: Are coolers allowed at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park?

A: For all oval events and the Dodge//SRT NHRA U.S. Nationals, coolers are allowed in the grandstands. They must be no bigger than 14x14x14. For all events at Lucas Oil Indianapolis Raceway Park, no glass containers or alcohol will be allowed – and coolers & bags are subject to search.

Source: https://raceirp.com/frequently-asked-questions/
2 Likes: chrismattlin, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #3 6/29/22 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by richie:
...or alcohol will be allowed...
I'm out. Flo it will be. Good luck with the gate ticket money.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
richie (Offline)
  #4 6/29/22 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike:
I'm out. Flo it will be. Good luck with the gate ticket money.
Remember, the purchase of a single general admission ticket for this event guarantees you ALL YOU CAN EAT hot dogs, hamburgers, Pepsi products, Lays chips, water and cookies!
9 Likes: 95KART, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Dirt Trackker, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, sjracer26, tirespinner
  #5 6/29/22 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by richie:
Remember, the purchase of a single general admission ticket for this event guarantees you ALL YOU CAN EAT hot dogs, hamburgers, Pepsi products, Lays chips, water and cookies!
That IS a good offer Richie. I did not know that.

But I am going to save my beer salvos for I-96 (now that Mike Mooch is no longer running it) and Butler this weekend as the Great Lakes Super Sprints strafe lower Michigan.

I have to say, though.... all you can eat hot dogs and burgers has gotten my attention. Just let me bring in a few beers for crying out loud. The point is - don't chip me. I'm your Midwest fan. You NEED guys like me. I am not coming, though.

Call me old school. Call me out on this. But I am a working fan with money and I am the guy you need to show up. Drop the beer ban.

4 Likes: 2fast4u, Chief Wahoo, PIT CART, tirespinner
chris jockish (Offline)
  #6 6/29/22 11:05 PM
Thursday hight Thunder returns. HARF Members.get $5.00 off general admission and pits. Silver Crown,Sprints, Midgets. How many remembers when we had free Thunder nights when on ESPN.Thunder show is on Flo and MAV TV this night.
9 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Dirt Trackker, jdull99, sjracer26, tirespinner, treecitytornado, WinglessLovers
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 6/30/22 9:31 AM
That IS a good offer Richie. I did not know that.

But I am going to save my beer salvos for I-96 (now that Mike Mooch is no longer running it) and Butler this weekend as the Great Lakes Super Sprints strafe lower Michigan.

I have to say, though.... all you can eat hot dogs and burgers has gotten my attention. Just let me bring in a few beers for crying out loud. The point is - don't chip me. I'm your Midwest fan. You NEED guys like me. I am not coming, though.

Call me old school. Call me out on this. But I am a working fan with money and I am the guy you need to show up. Drop the beer ban.
I get what you're saying, but Indiana law does not allow beer to be carried in, if you sell it.
8 Likes: chrismattlin, EBookerFan, jdull99, Sandy Lowe, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner, treecitytornado, WinglessLovers
  #8 6/30/22 10:00 AM
I guess I am just a cheapskate at heart, Brent.

3 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 6/30/22 10:03 AM
I guess I am just a cheapskate at heart, Brent.
I am too. Just wanted you to know who is the one making the rules.
3 Likes: chrismattlin, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #10 6/30/22 10:15 AM
They had me at free hotdogs, leaving the house at 1p

When in doubt Gas It
8 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, duel, jdull99, luckybuc97, Stevensville Mike, tirespinner