IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ReThink
7/3/23, 10:15 PM   #1
ReThink
Crankin

When a guy running 20th with 12 laps to go, not running for points, brings out an intentional yellow to go to the work area…. It’s time to rethink the work area thing.

5 members like this post: Blitzman, bullringko, dirtnonwingfan, Jonr, tirespinner
7/3/23, 10:46 PM   #2
Love dirt

Who ?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/3/23, 11:16 PM   #3
JMA1181

When I saw the title of the thread, I assumed it was referring to Brian Hayden. The guy literally rolled around the bottom waiting on Beauchamp then tried taking him out twice on the last lap of the feature and got rewarded for his efforts by taking an ambulance ride to the hospital.

Never would have guessed that you’re complaining about a guy having an issue with his car and going to the work area.
Last edited by JMA1181; 7/3/23 at 11:37 PM.

4 members like this post: gtownplowboy, jscott101, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
7/3/23, 11:20 PM   #4
Scott42

I think it’s about Brandon mattox

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/3/23, 11:40 PM   #5
Re: ReThink
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

There is no work area under five laps to go.

7/4/23, 8:52 AM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

if it was Brandon Mattox he was going too fast to make the pit exit and continued to the front straight before it stopped. Doubt he's out there to cause problems. He's a trooper.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, Love dirt
7/4/23, 9:40 AM   #7
chastaj

Mattox did nothing wrong, Hayden’s actions should get him banned. I can understand why he would want to get Bauchamp back, but do it in the pits like men, not on the track where he could have hurt someone else.

7/4/23, 11:45 AM   #8
JMA1181

While on the subject of Brian Hayden trying to use his car as a weapon last night trying to intentionally take a guy out in the feature and failing twice, should we revisit him complaining that he wasn’t paid much for not making the High Limit show there last year? Again, the guy was 29th best out of 35 and expected to get paid…

Last night, he did get the shaft in the heat race from Beauchamp. He had plenty of time to go address the situation, apparently chose not to, then proceeded to risk his life, others lives, and his car to look like a complete fool flipping cage first into the wall. Was his complaint really about how much he was paid last year as clearly he’s willing to risk it all to look like a fool?

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, OnTheHammer, tirespinner
7/4/23, 11:52 AM   #9
hoscalecody

For sure was a fool, full moon night, at the Hewitt Classic. Paul Dues got pushed off the track in the A, while under caution he tried to intentionally wreck a guy and got the wrong guy, ended up wrecking Landon Simon. Both drivers need a decent suspension and re-think their actions for trying to retaliate in open wheel cars.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 7/4/23 at 12:00 PM.

7/4/23, 2:53 PM   #10
DirtTrackTherapy16J

So I'm not trying to be dumb here, I was at Kokomo last night not LPS. I've read through these comments and I've tried looking through videos on Flo and I'm not seeing either situation Mattox or Hayden and Beauchamp. I can't imagine Brandon doing something stupid as he's a great guy and is clean. The whole Hayden - Beauchamp deal, I'd love to see it. Anyone have any good vids of all this or leads for vids to this? Thanks in advance.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ReThink