IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb
11/30/22, 12:17 PM   #11
Re: USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb
Stevensville Mike

Nothing against Bubba's, but I've always liked the racing at Volusia better. I like the actual racing at East Bay the best.

I hope USAC can buddy up with Volusia for years to come along with continued racing at Bubba's for East Bay is in their last year of racing, or real close to the last year - if memory serves me correctly. It will not be an option for sprints OR late models soon.

Volusia gives all fans free pit passes. What a Winter gift for fans for the DIRTcar Nationals! The advantage Bubba's has, however, is that is it a stone's throw from Ocala. Everything one could want while on vacation is in Ocala - vice anything that close to East Bay.

3 members like this post: duel, Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner
11/30/22, 12:25 PM   #12
dsc1600

I think you need both Bubba and Volusia to make the FL trip worthwhile. WRG likely won't be putting USAC on a prime weekend spot anytime soon, so the Volusia dates will probably only ever be mid-week shows. You need a solid weekend track and Bubba provides that.

11/30/22, 12:27 PM   #13
NOSTINKINWINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
I've just never been a fan of the track, the layout, facilities, etc.. there are much better options in the state... Such as Easy Bay, Hendry...

Yea, that power slide into T1 that ends on the front stretch is boring.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider
11/30/22, 12:41 PM   #14
openwheelfan1

Personally, I like BRP. It’s not a “cookie cutter” track in that its D shape is unique and has provided for some damn good racing in the 10+ yrs we’ve been going. Yes, there could certainly be some more care taken to maintain the facility, and the food is fair at best, but even with the negatives, it’s sprint cars, Florida, usually decent temperatures and some sunshine!

Volusia should be AWESOME! We have been going to the WoO sprints there for the past 9 yrs. (yes, I know it’s forbidden to say anything good about winged sprint cars here, but on some tracks they put on a good show!) and some of us have been saying how good the USAC sprint cars would be there.

Some great food within a half hour of Volusia too!!

11/30/22, 1:14 PM   #15
dsc1600

At least one of the Xtreme sprint shows at Volusia was very good last year.

11/30/22, 1:30 PM   #16
Vookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVZR8b8eo18

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/30/22, 3:22 PM   #17
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
I've just never been a fan of the track, the layout, facilities, etc.. there are much better options in the state... Such as Easy Bay, Hendry...
Have you ever been to Hendry? That place is a sand pit ,what are you gonna do during the day unless you like to fish you are in the middle of sugarcane fields

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
11/30/22, 4:10 PM   #18
Therealether

I don't know if it's been addressed here, but I reached out to BRP this morning and there will be no midgets this season for winter Dirt Games.

2 members like this post: Jonr, tirespinner
11/30/22, 4:42 PM   #19
Therealether

I don't know if it's been addressed here, but I reached out to BRP this morning and there will be no midgets this season for winter Dirt Games.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/30/22, 5:06 PM   #20
Andrew S. Quinn

Just looked at the Living Legends of Auto racing Facebook page,and their events fall on this week as well. Brent T Funk and I just happened to stumble across their group back in 2013 by accident and we went to their fundraiser for their museum while we were in the neighborhood.

I've wanted to go back and check out what else they have going on during the day in between races. Vintage race car meet and cruise, the fundraiser, "Coffee with the characters" and so on....

I'll have to give this some thought....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb