IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb
11/29/22, 4:53 PM   #1
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Just read on Twitter that USAC sprints will replace Xtreme Outlaw sprints on schedule at Volusia in February.

dirtcarnationals.com/news

Bruce Eckel
Last edited by WinglessLovers; 11/29/22 at 5:06 PM.

11/29/22, 5:21 PM   #2
Re: USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Not Indy cars on mile dirt but Ill take it.

11/30/22, 7:53 AM   #3
Therealether

This is absolutely what I've been advocating for for years. Dump Bubba's and hit Volusia. Should also bring the Silver Crown cars to New Smyrna...

2 members like this post: oppweld, tirespinner
11/30/22, 8:20 AM   #4
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I dont understand the dump Bubba part. Ive aways seen it as good racing and a great place to mingle with all my racing buds in February

11/30/22, 9:08 AM   #5
EldoraMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
This is absolutely what I've been advocating for for years. Dump Bubba's and hit Volusia. Should also bring the Silver Crown cars to New Smyrna...
Why would you Dump Bubba? If it wasn't for them you would of not have racing for USAC in Florida. Now the drivers can race for 5 days and tracks r a hour a part.

11/30/22, 9:58 AM   #6
Therealether

I've just never been a fan of the track, the layout, facilities, etc.. there are much better options in the state... Such as Easy Bay, Hendry...

3 members like this post: progressive22, Rapid Rick, tirespinner
11/30/22, 9:59 AM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
It's crap like that, that ruins this sport for everyone. Bubba is one of the few non indiana tracks that's been loyal with USAC for at least a decade now. Also Volusia compliments it and makes it a more worthwhile trip for those racing and traveling to see Non Wing Sprints in Feb.

Really don't get your DUMP BUBBA stuff. What else is going on? Not like tracks are lining up to book USAC

11/30/22, 10:43 AM   #8
addictedtodirt

Does Bubba Clem support USAC by promoting this annual event, or does USAC lease out the facility and promote?
I like the unique configuration of the track. I just wish the place was more kept up and not so dumpy. The prep work is almost non-existent as seldom do they work the track like we are accustomed to here in the Midwest.

5 members like this post: cornerthree, duel, flagboy55, progressive22, tirespinner
11/30/22, 11:12 AM   #9
DJlives

Full disclosure. It has been years since I have been to East Bay but at the time it was hardly a palace. You drove through a dump to get there and fans held up shields to prevent being sandblasted. Also full disclosure. I liked going because it was still sprint cars in February in an age where it wasn't a year round sport

11/30/22, 11:28 AM   #10
openwheelfan1

WOO HOO!!! 5 nights of USAC sprint cars in Florida in February!! Ought to be a GREAT time!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb