IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Xtreme Midget Race Director
11/30/22, 2:44 PM   #21
Re: New Xtreme Midget Race Director
NoDramazone2020

It will be interesting to see who runs the High Limit race programs in 2023. USAC basically manned the High Limit show at LPS this year......I doubt WRG will be happy with that arrangement moving forward???

11/30/22, 3:58 PM   #22
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokayman View Post
I read that they are planning for at least 32 midget shows in 2023.
I seriously doubt that. How many teams could do that?

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cornerthree
11/30/22, 4:01 PM   #23
cornerthree

[QUOTE=BrentTFunk;559776]I seriously doubt that. How many teams could do that?
Probably more then you think if the money is better then USAC or POWERi.

11/30/22, 4:11 PM   #24
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDramazone2020 View Post
It will be interesting to see who runs the High Limit race programs in 2023. USAC basically manned the High Limit show at LPS this year......I doubt WRG will be happy with that arrangement moving forward???
Wouldn't they have noticed that before they scheduled this race?

1 member likes this post: oppweld
11/30/22, 5:32 PM   #25
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerthree View Post
Probably more then you think if the money is better then USAC or POWERi.
OK. I will bite. How are they going to be able to pay more? There are only three sources of income. Gate receipts, series/race sponsorship, streaming revenue.

Extreme also has to determine if they are a stand alone series or a support series.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, oppweld
11/30/22, 5:35 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
OK.

Extreme also has to determine if they are a stand alone series or a support series.
Well by the scheduling they clearly aren't the headliner.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin
11/30/22, 7:58 PM   #27
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Well by the scheduling they clearly aren't the headliner.
So, I will admit that I have never understood the Xtreme undercard theory. When the WOO had the Ironman 55 at Pevely and they had the midgets on the undercard, how did the midgets add value to that night? Were there fans who couldn't decide if they wanted to watch the Ironman but since the midgets were on the undercard, it made a difference?

Did any more people watch the Ironman 55 because the midgets were on the undercard? I don't understand the business model.

For the stand-alone races that they did have, the business model starts to make more sense. With 32 (?) dates, you would wonder how many were stand alone. It looked like about half of the dates last year were stand-alone dates.

Hopefully, all of these will be answered at the PRI show.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
11/30/22, 10:05 PM   #28
SpfldMile

The midgets on the card actually does make it more enticing for me.

5 members like this post: dsc1600, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, sprint72, trackprep
11/30/22, 10:57 PM   #29
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
So, I will admit that I have never understood the Xtreme undercard theory. When the WOO had the Ironman 55 at Pevely and they had the midgets on the undercard, how did the midgets add value to that night? Were there fans who couldn't decide if they wanted to watch the Ironman but since the midgets were on the undercard, it made a difference?

Did any more people watch the Ironman 55 because the midgets were on the undercard? I don't understand the business model.

For the stand-alone races that they did have, the business model starts to make more sense. With 32 (?) dates, you would wonder how many were stand alone. It looked like about half of the dates last year were stand-alone dates.

Hopefully, all of these will be answered at the PRI show.
That makes sense for people who live not too far away, but for people like me who have to do major traveling to get to Pevely, the midgets make a big difference. Like leaving a day or 2 earlier on the way to Knoxville... always wanted to do that. Haven't seen the WoO on a bullring & midgets are my favorite class....

12/1/22, 1:15 AM   #30
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
That makes sense for people who live not too far away, but for people like me who have to do major traveling to get to Pevely, the midgets make a big difference. Like leaving a day or 2 earlier on the way to Knoxville... always wanted to do that. Haven't seen the WoO on a bullring & midgets are my favorite class....
Yea when Powri was added to the Ironman, it became a must see event. And that event is a home run every year so i think they do add to the event. There are a lot of diehards who started their favorite week of the year at Pevely and the midgets are an attraction. For the LM events, I get the question. Are there a lot of LM people who love midgets? Maybe not.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Xtreme Midget Race Director