IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No return visit to Huset's for USAC
11/21/22, 10:24 PM   #1
No return visit to Huset's for USAC
Jonr

Huset's Speedway released its 2023 schedule and there was not a USAC date. They are having a huge 4 day WOO sprint car show paying a record setting $250,000 to win. They are moving in from another track a $53,000 to win late model show.

While not surprised, I am very disappointed that there is not a USAC show. I had decided that if they had the show this year that it was going to be my big racing vacation.

https://www.husetsspeedway.com/press/article/121881

4 members like this post: fish, mc/rider, oppweld, tirespinner
11/21/22, 11:02 PM   #2
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Hopefully the race will be relocated. That being said, I won't hold my breath. We need more support from drivers and fans if you want to see big money non wing events.

11/22/22, 11:35 AM   #3
dsc1600

June 2 and 3 is TBD on Knoxville’s schedule. The new GM of Knoxville said they thought the idea of rotating a big USAC race among different tracks in the midwest, so maybe that’s happening.

Total speculation though.

11/22/22, 11:38 AM   #4
Re: No return visit to Huset's for USAC
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
June 2 and 3 is TBD on Knoxville’s schedule. The new GM of Knoxville said they thought the idea of rotating a big USAC race among different tracks in the midwest, so maybe that’s happening.

Isn't that typically midget week? Or close to it

11/22/22, 12:25 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Really think there needs to be more paying NW races and this is a loss for sure.

My beef is it should include Indiana Tracks having fifteen to twenty thou races. Kokomo does. I always thought it would be neat if a track wanted more than two USAC races then one of them has to be a much higher purse.

Some of this already happens, But I think Sprint Week would be the time to have em. Of course it's always easy to play keyboard promoter. Think a couple tracks ISW is one of very few profitable races for them.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 11/22/22 at 12:26 PM.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, wallbanger II
11/22/22, 12:47 PM   #6
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post

I noticed the TBD on Knoxville's schedule as well. It is possible that the sprint cars come back, but I doubt that we will ever see midgets there again. I don't think the track wants them back after Chad McDaniel's death in a midget in 2009, and I don't think that the drivers want to race at a large half mile.
Last edited by Jonr; 11/22/22 at 12:47 PM. Reason: grammar

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/22/22, 6:04 PM   #7
miledirt

Once to Knoxville in the summer is about all I can make for the Nationals in August, but if June 2 and 3 was a USAC sprint show and 100 lappet for silver crown, I’d be there

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
11/22/22, 6:04 PM   #8
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Really think there needs to be more paying NW races and this is a loss for sure.

My beef is it should include Indiana Tracks having fifteen to twenty thou races. Kokomo does. I always thought it would be neat if a track wanted more than two USAC races then one of them has to be a much higher purse.

Some of this already happens, But I think Sprint Week would be the time to have em. Of course it's always easy to play keyboard promoter. Think a couple tracks ISW is one of very few profitable races for them.
I agree but some of the Indiana tracks don’t have adequate seating to pay a big purse even if you sold every seat.

Kokomo already does a great job with what they have, Terre Haute ideally would be the track that could support a big NW race, it just hasn’t worked out.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, tirespinner
11/22/22, 6:15 PM   #9
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

We made it to the first Huset Nationals,made a vacation out of it,great racing & vacation,glad we went,may never be back.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 11/23/22 at 2:23 AM.

11/22/22, 7:21 PM   #10
flagboy55

Glad I made it to one of these. Now the question is what will fill the void in 23?

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > No return visit to Huset's for USAC