IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Again
10/2/22, 9:18 AM   #1
Paragon Again
DaleDuBois

I went to Paragon last night and left after the Sprint feature and got home at almost midnight. 5 classes of racecars, too much as 3 classes would have been plenty.
I'm thinking that the new owners need to realize that people would like to get home way before midnight. It was Paragons last race this year. They still had 4 features
to go when I left and maybe some B-mains.

I don't know what they have against Indiana Open Wheel, but they never post any information about their races on IOW. They do post info on Facebook. I think some people
would like some information of what is going on like some race results. They do pay good in all classes, maybe the reason they get lots of racers. The track was good all
night which made for some good racing.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, tirespinner
10/2/22, 9:28 AM   #2
Re: Paragon Again
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Far from the only promoters to not post here. WHY? all the bashing.

Even if it was a great track, great race and you were home by 11, Would you post it"?

I went to a race where the winner said it was the biggest win of his career, THE Whole grandstand was cheering. Was done at 8:30 and I fully expect to only see. It was dust bowl, rock filled etc and all they did was dick around post.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/2/22 at 9:32 AM.

10/2/22, 2:06 PM   #3
Grocery Guy

Sometimes bashing can be used as constructive advice. Sometimes it's deserved, sometimes it's not. In the case of Paragon, they have all winter to think about how they can speed their shows up. Consistently ending shows around and past midnight is uncalled for. There are plenty of other entertainment options to spend your money on. Good for the new promoters for saving the track. Now streamline the program.

10/2/22, 5:46 PM   #4
yeleyfan76

[QUOTE=Charles Nungester

I went to a race where the winner said it was the biggest win of his career, THE Whole grandstand was cheering. Was done at 8:30 and I fully expect to only see. It was dust bowl, rock filled etc and all they did was dick around post

See that. Even you know what your favorite place is all about. It will always be full of rocks since they never tear up the surface and remove them. The dust problem will always be there too. Sometimes less like last nite. Even the staffs(track and sanction) can’t drag out a show with only 22 cars. Two at a time qualifying and no B. If it took any longer than it did people would have every right to complain.You should have just said it was a great show and left it be. Oh well not your style. Even on a positive nite I see negative outta you.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/2/22, 6:12 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

[quote=yeleyfan76;558236][QUOTE=Charles Nungester

I went to a race where the winner said it was the biggest win of his career, THE Whole grandstand was cheering. Was done at 8:30 and I fully expect to only see. It was dust bowl, rock filled etc and all they did was dick around post

See that. Even you know what your favorite place is all about. It will always be full of rocks since they never tear up the surface and remove them. The dust problem will always be there too. Sometimes less like last nite. Even the staffs(track and sanction) can’t drag out a show with only 22 cars. Two at a time qualifying and no B. If it took any longer than it did people would have every right to complain.You should have just said it was a great show and left it be. Oh well not your style. Even on a positive nite I see negative outta you.[/quote]

Two words. Suck it. I don't get on your track and bash it to helll. Go back to your pacifier and suck, suck suck

Dale has a right to highlight problems as do you. All I was pointing out is do you post the possitive when it happens?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/2/22 at 6:22 PM.

10/2/22, 6:31 PM   #6
BrentTFunk

After a 6 day hospital stay during the last 2 nights of the Smackdown, my attendance has been pretty limited. The shows I have been to lately have been very efficient. USAC sprints at Circle City was over a little before 10. A Sprint/Midget doubleheader at Gas City was over at 10, even with 2 push classes. Kokomo was over before 10 last Friday. Looks like the trend continued at the Burg last night. Great job by everyone involved.

10/2/22, 7:31 PM   #7
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Brent,we're glad your home & doing better.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/2/22, 7:54 PM   #8
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
After a 6 day hospital stay during the last 2 nights of the Smackdown, my attendance has been pretty limited. The shows I have been to lately have been very efficient. USAC sprints at Circle City was over a little before 10. A Sprint/Midget doubleheader at Gas City was over at 10, even with 2 push classes. Kokomo was over before 10 last Friday. Looks like the trend continued at the Burg last night. Great job by everyone involved.
Good to hear you feel better. If as you say the trend has continued, then let’s advocate it to be the norm. Might help get more folks in the seats and get these guys more money.

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, billw, BrentTFunk, tirespinner, TQ97
10/2/22, 7:57 PM   #9
yeleyfan76

[QUOTE=Charles Nungester

Two words. Suck it. I don't get on your track and bash it to helll. Go back to your pacifier and suck, suck suck

Was hoping for more intelligent rhetoric than this. Oh well.

2 members like this post: oldfan49, tirespinner
10/2/22, 7:57 PM   #10
SoIllSprinter

I, for one, am tickled Paragon’s season is over. Stops the bellyaching. Some won’t be satisfied until they have two or three tracks left to attend, then they will start threads wondering why so many tracks are shut down.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Leohr46, oldfan49, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Paragon Again