IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wayne Co - Sept. 27 - High Limit Racing - $32K win $1K Start
9/28/22, 10:26 AM   #11
Blitzman

Hopefully a “middle of the road” deal can be agreed upon between Woo drivers & WRG. Like 10-15 non WoO races a year. But that even counts towards the “let’s go to Knoxville, Port Royal, ect. since the race weekend is already rained out & it’s Thursday”, in which WoO drivers already do now.

As like it’s been stated, nobody is holding a gun to these teams/drivers head on signing the WoO deal with the benefits that go along with being a “platinum” member. If they don’t like the deal, they can go and be a Brent Marks or Jonathan Davenport and be a “true outlaw”.

WoO sprints puts together 90+ races a year at Minimum $10,000 to win, $1,000 to start.

WoO late models only had roughly 50 races a year scheduled.

A lot of people on this board says “well at least USAC allows their drivers to run where they want on non USAC nights”, bet if USAC could build their brand, race purses, tow money, pit passes, ect. benefits like WoO has and not live in the dark ages. A lot of you people would expect the same deal of not seeing USAC top drivers racing for peanuts at some local track.
Last edited by Blitzman; 9/28/22 at 10:30 AM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
9/28/22, 11:37 AM   #12
Re: Wayne Co - Sept. 27 - High Limit Racing - $32K win $1K S
Dale

Are you sure about that 90?

9/29/22, 8:15 AM   #13
miledirt

I don't see High Limit dying. The money being generated via streaming from these mid-week shows is significant. I too hope WRG and High Limit folks can find some resolution

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
9/29/22, 9:25 AM   #14
dsc1600

I agree, I don't see it dying, especially with Flo's backing.

Last night's LM race at Atomic, there was hardly anyone in the stands and I'm sure Flo supplied a large amount of the purse. It doesn't seem like that series is going away and with the response Wayne County got for its race where you had people coming even with it raining, it seems like there's alot of interest.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, OnTheHammer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Wayne Co - Sept. 27 - High Limit Racing - $32K win $1K Start