IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb
12/2/22, 7:06 PM   #31
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post

That was a general statement not specific to you at all. I was testing Funk to see if he has anything better to do then follow what I post and interject his synopsis and debate. Unfortunately you took offense thinking I was singling you out. My apologies. It seems odd that Usac was linked to the Volusia dates and they haven’t had a press release like you stated. I used the IRP example of people not being clear on what is and what is not a Usac event to try and prove a point. There was a lot of confusion this summer about that stays. Any further questions on this matter should probably be directed to Funk. He appears to know more than any of us on here. Once again my apologies if you took offense personally as that was not my intention.
No problem, no foul.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/2/22, 10:44 PM   #32
Re: USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb
BrentTFunk

Quote:

That was a general statement not specific to you at all. I was testing Funk to see if he has anything better to do then follow what I post and interject his synopsis and debate. Unfortunately you took offense thinking I was singling you out. My apologies. It seems odd that Usac was linked to the Volusia dates and they haven’t had a press release like you stated. I used the IRP example of people not being clear on what is and what is not a Usac event to try and prove a point. There was a lot of confusion this summer about that stays. Any further questions on this matter should probably be directed to Funk. He appears to know more than any of us on here. Once again my apologies if you took offense personally as that was not my intention.
I don't know more than everyone, but everyone seems to know more than you. You constantly whine about situations that seem to only be concerns to you. One example of your supreme knowledge was a couple of months ago. I believe you said non wing will have a new sheriff next year. Drivers won't be allowed to run weekly shows. USAC will be in trouble. I think you missed on that one. Seriously, you probably should get some help. I wish you the best.

4 members like this post: fish, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner
12/4/22, 1:10 AM   #33
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I don't know more than everyone, but everyone seems to know more than you. You constantly whine about situations that seem to only be concerns to you. One example of your supreme knowledge was a couple of months ago. I believe you said non wing will have a new sheriff next year. Drivers won't be allowed to run weekly shows. USAC will be in trouble. I think you missed on that one. Seriously, you probably should get some help. I wish you the best.
For once I completely agree with you! I was wrong that there would be a new sheriff next year. Like all great hitters, sometimes when you swing for the fence you strikeout. You say I whine about things that only concern me yet an organization chose to run a series in competition with Usac. They ran there events in a form that I and others liked. If I were the only one with my opinions about Usac, then there never would have been what transpired this season. Unfortunately it appears the support Shuman needed by his company was not there and things didn’t work out. He took a swing and missed as well. Please enjoy your ability to gloat. As for your diagnosis that I need help, I’d love to see you tell anyone who chose to run with extreme and it’s leadership the same thing. I bet you couldn’t, and if you did the response might not be rosy.Face it Funk not everyone on this planet likes everything you like. That’s not a conspiracy theory. Enjoy the holiday season and I’ll practice swinging for that grand slam.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, progressive22
12/4/22, 10:02 AM   #34
BrentTFunk

Quote:
For once I completely agree with you! I was wrong that there would be a new sheriff next year. Like all great hitters, sometimes when you swing for the fence you strikeout. You say I whine about things that only concern me yet an organization chose to run a series in competition with Usac. They ran there events in a form that I and others liked. If I were the only one with my opinions about Usac, then there never would have been what transpired this season. Unfortunately it appears the support Shuman needed by his company was not there and things didn’t work out. He took a swing and missed as well. Please enjoy your ability to gloat. As for your diagnosis that I need help, I’d love to see you tell anyone who chose to run with extreme and it’s leadership the same thing. I bet you couldn’t, and if you did the response might not be rosy.Face it Funk not everyone on this planet likes everything you like. That’s not a conspiracy theory. Enjoy the holiday season and I’ll practice swinging for that grand slam.
I will agree with you that I think Casey worked hard to try to make it work. I think he will do well with his new position at I 70. He also did a good job with WAR. I always thought he was dang good racer. The problem was the way they were doing it would never work. No promoter could afford a show like that. This part is my opinion, I never think sprint cars or midgets should be a support class for late models.
I am surprised that you said people take a swing and sometimes miss. I wish you would recognize it with the people you constantly complain about. As for speaking to teams, I have spoken to a couple. Not one of them had a bad word to say about Casey or his effort. A couple told me in September, they didn't see it coming back next year. But they pushed through this season. Everybody got paid as promised. So, there isn't anything to be critical of.
I had to point out your mistake to you, hoping that you would realize others aren't perfect either. Doesn't mean they play favorites, or are bad people.

6 members like this post: chrismattlin, erich45, fish, interpreter66, oppweld, WinglessLovers
12/4/22, 12:51 PM   #35
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not me, I'm perfect......

Fire away

That said, I didn't see it working, I wanted it too. To get more $$$ races for NW sprints. I'm glad Volusia is running them again USAC or not, It's good for teams to have five in a week instead of two or three in order to travel. Also USAC went the distance to prove the tire test were wrong and not just suspend and be done with it teams committed to your series. Would JG have won if Bubba have stood when several others with same date stamp on tire passed?
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/4/22 at 12:59 PM.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
12/4/22, 1:42 PM   #36
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I would like to know what the race teams think about going to Florida to begin with. It seems to me that the expense of the trip would be better spent on getting more teams to go to Eastern Storm. I don’t see the need for it myself. And how can anyone celebrate racing at Volusia? A great big half mile, you know a “ motor eater” worse than Terre Haute.
Thats pretty much how i think (Living in the Northeast )
Except that some people like to go to Florida in the winter
I went to Volusia one year & it was TOO COLD!

1 member likes this post: oppweld
12/4/22, 5:59 PM   #37
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Thats pretty much how i think (Living in the Northeast )
Except that some people like to go to Florida in the winter
I went to Volusia one year & it was TOO COLD!
If our figures are correct, this will be our 12th year at BRP, and our 11th at Volusia. Yeah, its’s occasionally been cold (our first year at BRP it was 39° when they threw the green flag for the feature one night) but the cold is TYPICALLY short lived.

We go because even if it’s chilly, it’s typically warmer and a LOT sunnier than anywhere in the Midwest plus there’s racing, which typically won’t start for at least another month to 6 weeks in the Midwest.

We are really looking forward to this year with potentially 3 nights of WoO sprint car racing and 5 nights of USAC sprints in 6 nights, all in 9 nights.

12/5/22, 9:21 AM   #38
Therealether

Must have been 2013. USAC actually ran midgets on pavement at New Smyrna that February, and I swear it had to be 32 degrees by the time we left. Us Florida folk aren't built for that cold

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mc/rider, openwheelfan1
12/5/22, 9:56 AM   #39
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealether View Post
Must have been 2013. USAC actually ran midgets on pavement at New Smyrna that February, and I swear it had to be 32 degrees by the time we left. Us Florida folk aren't built for that cold
I was there that night. It was really cold

1 member likes this post: Ilovedirttrackracing
12/5/22, 10:34 AM   #40
The Old Coyote

I was there too and I remember my wife laughing at me when I called home. It was actually warmer in Indiana!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints at Volusia in Feb