IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > chetism
11/26/22, 9:21 PM   #21
smith19

if you don't like yelling then don't listen to the owner of ventura announce a race...lol

1 member likes this post: CRA91
11/26/22, 9:37 PM   #22
Re: chetism
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith19 View Post
if you don't like yelling then don't listen to the owner of ventura announce a race...lol
I agree but he keeps you up to date on the running order better than anyone. He can be kind of irritating though. Lets just hope we dont have a 20 minute speech by JC's son tonight before the feature.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

11/27/22, 12:21 AM   #23
Rpracing1

Got his tail feathers dragging in the dirt.

Put the spurs to the flanks.

Humming like a mouse in a speaker.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
11/27/22, 3:06 AM   #24
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Im glad he took a pass on ZZ Top and stayed with USAC

4 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69
11/30/22, 4:21 PM   #25
DirtTrackTherapy16J

I wanna take a minute to apologize to Chet. I personally think the best is Rob Goodman. I also like The Doctor too. I liked Tony very well including the new version of Bad Company (although original version I think is better haha) when the Bmain was getting ready and being announced. I dont like unnecessary changes for no reason. Although 40, I'm a strict believer in "if it's not broke, dont fix it". Anyways, changes was made for 2022, I'm noone in racing, doesnt matter what I think. I didnt like the changes, oh well boo hoo. My good buddy Funk said oh you will like Chet, he's good and my response was I already dont like him and season hasnt even started.

As season grew, so did Chet on me. He is very good, very comical, sometimes makes me laugh when I need it. If Chet is on here or anyone sees him regularly or knows him very well, please show him this. Chet I am sorry for not giving you a chance at the beginning of the season. I wasnt around racing last time you announced so I didnt know you like others did/do. You are an excellent announcer and I appreciate what you do for the sport and for your time.

Final note, everyone has their opinions, opinions are not right or wrong. Facts is right or wrong. There are obviously people on here that get annoyed by this person or that person, etc. When it comes to announcing, I cant name a single sole that has been into announcing that has never been annoying at some point. Announcing is your job, that means your supposed to talk, your supposed to say things. To each their own, but the damn weather annoys me and it's not even a person. Give some slack to people, they are human and not perfect. Again Chet, I'm sorry for not giving you a chance at the beginning of 2022.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 11/30/22 at 4:22 PM.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
11/30/22, 11:08 PM   #26
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Criss cross applesauce?
Yea, thats really bad. Thats how they tell kindergarten kids to sit on the floor
& "he's taking a little peeky poo"????
Awful

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, racenut69, salamander
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > chetism