IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Proposition: BC @ Belle-Clair
3/30/11, 7:22 PM   #1
Proposition: BC @ Belle-Clair
petey

I'll go ahead and start a thread with this. We (Morty, ASQ and myself) had a good chat with Bryan at DuQuoin last Sat. in the stands and we asked him if there was anyway he could run one of the Powri events at Belle-Clair Speedway in Belleville, Ill. this year. We mentioned the Knepper race in Aug. which is always on a Wed. night, he said he'd have to rush to bring the car down after he ran Osky the night before. I said if you have to give someone a call to maybe lineup a ride with them.

I noticed that Powri's first race at Bell-Clair is on Fri. May 13th then the next two nights USAC will run the midgets at Angell Park. Bryan and Tim I think if you could race at Belle-Clair that would be a good time to do it. I haven't been there in five years but we'd love to see you guys there!

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, K-Dawg30
3/30/11, 7:41 PM   #2
Re: Proposition: BC @ Belle-Clair
Andrew S. Quinn

Any of the Belle-Clair races will be fine with me,as I'll be at all of them.

As we noted to Bryan the other night,the place is very 1950s looking,and I like the Arnie Knepper memorial race for atmosphere with all the fair rides,and signs in the background. Makes me think of a scene from Happy Days,and I expect Fonzie to come zooming in on his bike.

In reality I see Morty rolling in in his 41 Ford Street Rod instead.

3/30/11, 7:42 PM   #3
mortboyz

I'm thinkin they would love the place too!

3/30/11, 7:58 PM   #4
Andrew S. Quinn

If he can win at Little Belleville,then he'd have 2 different Belleville wins under his belt!

3/30/11, 8:04 PM   #5
K-Dawg30

It would be awesome to see BC at BelleVegas....I will be at all of them with my micro anyway....doesnt matter to me either.

3/30/11, 8:21 PM   #6
jdadalt

How far is Belleville from Oskaloosa?

3/30/11, 8:29 PM   #7
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortboyz View Post
I'm thinkin they would love the place too!
The best midget track I have ever been to. My home track from the 60's & early 70's.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3/30/11, 8:35 PM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdadalt View Post
How far is Belleville from Oskaloosa?
5-6 hrs from my failing memory. I was willing to forgo a qualifying night at Knoxville a few yrs ago to go to Belle-Clair instead in 100 degree weather. As it turned out the qualifying night rained out,so I didnt miss anything.

3/30/11, 10:02 PM   #9
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Sure would love to see BC and the crew at Little Belleville. I would think they would enjoy it and I know that everyone in the stands would.

According to Mapquest, the shortest, quickest way is 5 hours 19 minutes and 307 miles. I have been on most of that route at one time or another and it is mostly good roads.
Last edited by dirtnonwingfan; 3/30/11 at 10:08 PM. Reason: add info

3/31/11, 7:05 AM   #10
jdadalt

I'd like to see that place, might make for a nice tour, Eagle-Belleville, KS-Knoxville-Oskaloosa-Belleville, IL
Hmmm.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Proposition: BC @ Belle-Clair