IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
farriswheel (Offline)
  #11 12/7/15 2:50 PM
Originally Posted by monkeyboy:
I'd head to flat 12. Hinch and them have a great relationship. They have a beer named for him. And their twelve beers if Christmas will be going on so who knows what they'll have on tap. Some free samples pints and growlers. Indiana city isn't too far from the fieldhouse. On Washington just east of it. Flat 12 and sun king are pretty close to each other too. And just mile or two south is fountain square brewing and new day meadery. Also chilly water brewing and hotel tango distillery are all within 2-3 miles of the fieldhouse. Get downtown and have some fun.
So that's where "Hinchtown Hammerdown" got its name?
dirtyd6305 (Offline)
  #12 12/8/15 12:02 AM
Flat 12 has a subshop inside the brewery. Chilly Water (Fletcher Place) has food as well. Fountain Square Brewery and Indiana City are great spots and they allow food to be delivered to the brewery so you can eat there. St Joesephs Brewery & Public House is a little north of Conseco (Mass Ave) and that is a full blown restraunt with their own brew. All are great spots and within 2 miles of your final destination. Tow Yard would be your closest location (across from Slippery Noodle) and they have sandwich options.
AlaskaIndy (Offline)
  #13 12/8/15 2:01 AM
Indiana city brewing company has the best beer in Indianapolis hands down. Right downtown also. Amazing things going down over there. No food though.
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #14 12/8/15 5:40 AM
Don't know about breweries but my friend tells me going to Indy w/o going to BBQ Heaven is a wasted trip
Racer12 (Offline)
  #15 12/8/15 12:50 PM
BBQ heavan is horrible, even King Ribs is better than them. Real, good BBQ go to Pit Stop BBQ in Brownsburg. You won't be dissapointed!

Bob
Racer12 (Offline)
  #16 12/8/15 2:10 PM
Also Bourbon and BBQ on Main St. In Speedway. Good beers on tap and Daredevil brewery right across the street.

Bob
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #17 12/9/15 3:40 AM
I want to thank everyone for all the recommendations. I wish I could hit them of all. As it turns out, gonna have to keep it within walking distance of the big show. Thanks all of you and Chris I might just take you up on it
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #18 12/9/15 7:25 PM
So which one are you going to?
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #19 12/10/15 3:07 AM
As of now, I haven't fully figured it all out. Looking at maps and such. Looks like fountain square and chili water are close. Been to tow yard and sun king already, but the invite from Chris sounds good. Still seeking opinions however, and thanks again to all. We have 2 of life's greatest joys in common!
cleatziff (Offline)
  #20 12/10/15 3:13 AM
I have never been but i have heard good stuff about St. Joseph Brewery and Public House.