IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
revjimk (Offline)
  #101 5/15/20 1:01 PM
Originally Posted by chop:
Have your race track go to the local pot grow shop. Change out the track lights with UV pot bulbs. Fill the water truck with Lysol and spray the crowd as it goes down the front straightaway. Turn it back to a race conversion.
Grow lights are usually metal halide or high pressure sodium, which were originally designed for (guess what?) lighting large outdoor areas.... so most tracks probably have them
Good revenue source during lockdown????
mc/rider (Offline)
  #102 5/15/20 1:44 PM
Pure speculation,if none of the safeguards (isolation,disinfectants,facemasks etc) were put into place would the number of infected and deceased be any different.If your feeling hale and hearty its easy to be cavalier and disregard the safety perimeters.

When in doubt Gas It
4 Likes: captrat, erich45, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
erich45 (Offline)
  #103 5/15/20 2:26 PM
I'm 74, saw my first midget race in 1949, my first 500 in 1950. I've been to 141 tracks, in 28 states. My wife of 51 years is a diabetic with a heart condition, our daughter is a doctor in a large hospital. When they tell me they're comfortable with me going to the track, I'll go.
9 Likes: captrat, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, interpreter66, jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, PIT CART, Pitdad
racenut69 (Offline)
  #104 5/15/20 4:15 PM
If anyone watches the news,they will know who/what I'm talking about....

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
bighd0522 (Offline)
  #105 5/15/20 4:18 PM
Yes, leave it up to the individual if they feel comfortable going or not.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, interpreter66, skids59
Ken Bonnema (Offline)
  #106 5/15/20 5:32 PM
Originally Posted by racenut69:
If anyone watches the news,they will know who/what I'm talking about....
I do know but we must not upset the locals
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #107 5/15/20 6:16 PM
At this point in time our racing family will have to take what we get. Hopefully that this virus will allow us all to enjoy the great things that we all love. It's been a tough time and we all know that. It will great to see all of the racing community back together as soon as possible. Looking forward to seeing the racing family back in action ASAP. Thanks to the tracks that will be getting the ball rolling. Everyone be safe and be smart and we all can enjoy the the great things that we all need and love. God bless America. Thanks. We definitely have more Kodak moments and hugs and racing road trips on the schedule. Thanks.
4 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Dirtfan, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
IndianaSprintFan (Offline)
  #108 5/15/20 8:51 PM
I’ll play. Yes I’m going. June 19 on the red clay. Can’t wait
3 Likes: chrismattlin, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97
jim goerge (Offline)
  #109 5/15/20 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by chop:
Have your race track go to the local pot grow shop. Change out the track lights with UV pot bulbs. Fill the water truck with Lysol and spray the crowd as it goes down the front straightaway. Turn it back to a race conversion.
Hell I"ll go to the local pot shop, never mind you all might not see me again
8 Likes: dirt330, erich45, i love dirt track racing, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, Stevensville Mike
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #110 5/16/20 6:44 PM
At a sprint car race tonight temperature checks before we came in the pits everybody self isolating can’t wait for racing everybody doing a good job and being safe
3 Likes: dirt330, erich45, Ken Bonnema