IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BMARA engine rules are now D-II
1/12/15, 3:27 PM   #11
Re: BMARA engine rules are now D-II
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Looks like them guys up there have been reading IOW, doesn't it. They are just a tad too far away for us to venture but their are quite a few chain drive midgets from up there that would be more than happy to help them fill out their field.

Honest Dad himself
Hold onto the reins, keep ya feet in the stirrups.... watch...listen and learn....BIG NEWS coming down the pike!!
As dad aka Bill and I have pointed out before:

The chain drives and shaft drives look the same to those PAYING you to entertain them...as long as everyone is competitive and no one inite is dominate over the other. midget racing will become a staple as it use to be back in the day.....This all begins in Feb. at the Gator"DIRT"Nationals in Florida 2015. With over 50 entrants and almost every engine combination within the rules of the Division II Midgets that co-exist within the 9 different clubs/series

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

1/12/15, 4:04 PM   #12
Avon Open Wheel fan

We also have several types of engines coming to.race at DuQoin. Looking to have a large field of cars from numerious sportsman midget series and lightning sprint series racing together.

www.illinimidgets.com

1/12/15, 5:26 PM   #13
tandtinc2424

This is great news for midget racing in the midwest. This rules package has already been proven to work and be very competitive with both the chain drive and shaft drive cars. The IMRA midget series, Montpelier midgets, and the allstar midget series have all been combining chain drive midgets and shaft drive midgets in competition with great success and growing car counts. I would like to see everyone get on the same rules package to help the class grow even more. It would be nice to travel to different states and compete knowing everyone's cars are legal. I think this will happen soon. Good job Quinn McCabe and the whole BMARA crew. We look forward to racing our midget with you!

And please help support the duquoin race feb. 7th. This could end up being a huge deal for the class. Who knows,maybe even turn into our own version of the chili bowl down the road!!
Last edited by tandtinc2424; 1/12/15 at 10:15 PM.

1 member likes this post: jjones752
1/12/15, 5:29 PM   #14
PARKS

Not much left to alienate, this is a good move and should have happened along time ago. Elections do have consequences, good move. And it's not going to take much to bring the "nationals" to where everyone is competitive.

2 members like this post: jdull99, lmahal
1/12/15, 5:34 PM   #15
zerospeed

I wish midgets would come back to the Michigan area....I'd have one.

1/12/15, 8:01 PM   #16
Jonr

I am also very excited to see this happen. The writing for this has been on the wall for quite a while. I do have some comments:

1. As mentioned earlier, there needs to be a "common" rules package that all of the various groups agree to. Else, we are going to have what we have with the 305's. The more there are different rules the less economical it will be.

2. It will be interesting to see how the fans at Angell Park react. It is such a great place to watch Midgets.

3. It will be interesting to see what happens to the traditional races at Angell Park. The Pepsi Nationals and the Fireman Nationals were always great races. I guess we now know why the POWRi shows at Angell Park were not co-sanctioned with Badger. I wonder if this is the end of Kevin Brown being the Angell Park promoter.

4 members like this post: dirtball, jdull99, R.Drang, tandtinc2424
1/12/15, 9:06 PM   #17
Ray3

I wish people would quit putting titles on midgets that happen to run 4 valve overhead cam engines. You are doing a disservice to midget racing by doing so. The Badger Midgets are the Badger Midgets regardless of the engine package. If you want to call midgets in Florida D2 or whatever, that is your prerogative, but don't put a title on something that isn't yours to put titles on!! I see guys run Ecotecs and Hondas with POWRi quite often but people don't point at them and say "hey theres a D2 midget running with other midgets." In fact, if I do recall correctly, a 4 valve overhead cam engine has run in the top 5 in POWRi competition as recent as last year and another won with NEMA as recent as last season.
Last edited by Ray3; 1/12/15 at 9:12 PM.

1/12/15, 9:46 PM   #18
Roy Bleckert

I would just call them Midgets also , adding D2 or limited to the name gives the impression it is something other than the real McCoy, waiting to see if EFI & or chain drive is in !

3 members like this post: DAD, lmahal, tandtinc2424
1/12/15, 10:24 PM   #19
DAD

Roy & Ray

Amen. Midget is just fine. The hot shoes can call themselves something with an adjective in front of it if they wish. It would however be neat to get Speedway Motors as a sponsor. Then we could call this particular class "Speedway Midgets".

As far as national rules, that is a progressive's way of saying bigger is always better. This is a big old country that we are blessed to live in, and customs, available machinery and personal taste may add many options that might not fit everybody's idea of a racing organization. Maybe a standard guide line but any time you put in place a one size fits all rule book you stifle a trait that I value very dearly and that is Competition. Their are many many many people out there with ideas some good some bad. Competition will bring out the best. Then If someone comes up with a really good set of rules others will follow and plagiarizer these rules as their own . It has happened in the past and I suspect it will happen in the future. With the rules as they exist in most of the non National groups we could make a few changes and race with them at our option right now.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Roy Bleckert
1/12/15, 10:29 PM   #20
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray3 View Post
I wish people would quit putting titles on midgets that happen to run 4 valve overhead cam engines. You are doing a disservice to midget racing by doing so. The Badger Midgets are the Badger Midgets regardless of the engine package. If you want to call midgets in Florida D2 or whatever, that is your prerogative, but don't put a title on something that isn't yours to put titles on!! I see guys run Ecotecs and Hondas with POWRi quite often but people don't point at them and say "hey theres a D2 midget running with other midgets." In fact, if I do recall correctly, a 4 valve overhead cam engine has run in the top 5 in POWRi competition as recent as last year and another won with NEMA as recent as last season.
I wish people like ray3 would quite trying to bust somebody elses balls when it does not pertain to them. Ray3 has come on my facebook and ridicule me there and of course he can't LEAVE it alone so he has to find other outlets. The good thing about it, at least he is leaving someone else alone.....thank you for all the support R.R.

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BMARA engine rules are now D-II