IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Speedway Midget Series Returns Sat. August 2
8/11/14, 3:12 PM   #51
Re: Montpelier Speedway Midget Series Returns Sat. August 2
DAD

Bob

I have been using Blendzall 501 for years for the same reason, and it smells better. We don't go as rich as you mixing only 1 pint per 55 gallons, I think you said you mix a quart per 55 gallons.

Your ratio is 240 to 1 or .00417% if you substituted nitro at that percent I still don't see performance enhancing qualities in your fuel.. I don't think they make a hydrometer accurate enough to catch it and probably under a spectrometer analysis it would come up under trace amounts of hydrocarbons.

The guy saying you was illegal has probably never done a fuel analysis IN a previous post.

However on a "good nose day" I could probably catch you.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/11/14 at 4:58 PM.

8/11/14, 3:34 PM   #52
TQ29m

DAD, I didn't get DQ'd, I was just using the rule as something that never gets even looked at, as far as does it fit what we're doing in this century. Klotz Uplon is not the same as Blendzall, Uplon is not to be used as a substitute for oil mix used in a 2stroke, the ratio I use is more like 2oz in 5 gal, so it's pretty minute, but gets the job done, and it still has that bean oil smell. I have made the mistake of using a maybe more well known product, and spent the whole season, trying to get it out of the system, it clogged up filter after filter, not to mention injector nozzles. BTW, it will show up in the water test, as will a lot of other things! Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 8/11/14 at 5:23 PM. Reason: facts/n

8/11/14, 5:24 PM   #53
DAD

Bob

At 240 to 1 a guy would have to have pretty good eyes.

Honest Dad himself

8/11/14, 5:29 PM   #54
TQ29m

How many PPM is that? Bob

8/12/14, 9:03 AM   #55
DAD

Bob

I am going to try and get in touch with the "EPA" for a ruling on that. They have the expertise and computing power to get it down to PPM's and maybe even "Moles" if they deem it necessary. My only concern is that they may find that "Top End Lube" to be a "carcinogen" after performing experiments with "Rats" and outlaw it on the spot thus turning it over to "OSHA" for compliance inspections, and that will probably involve the "DOJ" and we all know about them people.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/12/14 at 9:06 AM.

8/12/14, 5:45 PM   #56
drob201

are they going to add another midget date for the rainout the other weekend? I hope so, us midget folk dont have anywhere to go....

8/12/14, 6:26 PM   #57
TQ29m

Brian, sorry we hijacked your thread, but it did keep it to the top most of the week! You know how us old guys are, history can't be repeated enough! Bob!

2 members like this post: DAD, Ken Bonnema
8/13/14, 11:10 AM   #58
BrianBSU23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob201 View Post
are they going to add another midget date for the rainout the other weekend? I hope so, us midget folk dont have anywhere to go....
We looked around at some dates, but we couldn't find anything that looked to be ideal. We will keep the Midgets pretty busy starting August 30 with a string 4 shows within a 5 week period (September 13, September 20, September 27, and October 11).

We are excited to get back to Midget racing and to get a more consistent flow of Midget racing going.

4 members like this post: DAD, drob201, Ken Bonnema, WBR 3E
8/20/14, 5:24 PM   #59
DAD

Changing the subject we got a little 3.0 litter V6 Ford motor in the other day, and just got it undressed and here is what it looks like at 385 pounds fully dressed just out of the wrecked car.

And later at about 250 pounds with all the street stuff removed and ready to go and try to put in a race car, it looks a little short, guess that is because it is only 3 small cylinders long as opposed to 4 big cylinders long. Wonder if that will move my CG back and put more weight on the rear wheels?

Honest Dad himself
Attached Images
fully dressed.jpg (152.4 KB, 50 views)
stripped down.jpg (134.0 KB, 56 views)
Last edited by DAD; 8/20/14 at 5:48 PM.

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
8/21/14, 11:47 AM   #60
Ken Bonnema

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Changing the subject we got a little 3.0 litter V6 Ford motor in the other day, and just got it undressed and here is what it looks like at 385 pounds fully dressed just out of the wrecked car.

And later at about 250 pounds with all the street stuff removed and ready to go and try to put in a race car, it looks a little short, guess that is because it is only 3 small cylinders long as opposed to 4 big cylinders long. Wonder if that will move my CG back and put more weight on the rear wheels?

Honest Dad himself
You just might be on to somethin' Are you gonna start with a stocker or do a little tweakin' ?? BTW. whats the stock HP and Torque numbers? As far as CG goes it will change things some. not only front to rear but it looks taller?? This might just be a dry/slick MONSTER..... Keep us posted...........Ken

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Speedway Midget Series Returns Sat. August 2