IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Zipadelli on Stewart
8/7/13, 11:43 AM   #1
Zipadelli on Stewart
Thyfault925

According to Marty Smith at ESPN, Zipadelli stated Stewart feels like he has let team down, very apologetic, sponsors very disappointed, discussions will be coming about non-Cup racing. It's probably safe to assume we won't see Smoke in too many more sprint car races. Really unfortunate!!

1 member likes this post: sportster1
8/7/13, 12:04 PM   #2
ThrowbackRacingTeam

He shoulda swerved to miss that guy. Lol. Maybe the wing blocked his view. I don't like seeing him run winged sprints anyway. He's been slapping the non-wings in the face ever since he defected in my opinion. Plus his track hardly schedules non-wing sprints anymore so good riddens Tony. I'm not gonna miss ya.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/7/13, 12:19 PM   #3
Re: Zipadelli on Stewart
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
He shoulda swerved to miss that guy. Lol. Maybe the wing blocked his view. I don't like seeing him run winged sprints anyway. He's been slapping the non-wings in the face ever since he defected in my opinion. Plus his track hardly schedules non-wing sprints anymore so good riddens Tony. I'm not gonna miss ya.

Posted via Mobile Device
Man talk about kicking a guy when he is down.................Sympathy abounds.........

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, racephoto1, SHORTBUS
8/7/13, 12:22 PM   #4
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyfault925 View Post
According to Marty Smith at ESPN, Zipadelli stated Stewart feels like he has let team down, very apologetic, sponsors very disappointed, discussions will be coming about non-Cup racing. It's probably safe to assume we won't see Smoke in too many more sprint car races. Really unfortunate!!
I guess that's to be expected, after all, JG had his thumb on him, maybe why he left, who know's, but I still expect to see him turn at least one lap Sunday, if Nascar will let him, after all, I guess he is an "employee" so if they say no, it'll not happen. Bob

8/7/13, 12:36 PM   #5
SpfldMile

Sometimes I don't like his antics, but I love his fire as a competitor. I just saw him wheel a sprint car to a 2nd at Granite City a week and a half ago. Get well soon Tony, I hope to see you racing anything you desire shortly.

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: billwill7, racer8432955, RJ21, speed bump, sprintsrule
8/7/13, 1:03 PM   #6
Morgan7m

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
WOW!!! You almost leave me speechless.
But, I said almost: Whether you are a Tony Stewart fan or not, a wing fan or not, that post you made was a little too harsh. You may want to step back a few minutes and look at a bigger picture (if possible) and try to look at situations from his perspective.

#1, Tony is a true Racer. He will and can drive anything anywhere and win. He has proven that over and over.

#2, By being one of the “All Time Best”, he can now afford to do what he wants (within his means) when he wants and where he wants.

#3, From my experience (again a Novice to the sport), it looks to me like he has invested millions more of his own dollars into open wheel racing than 99% of the racers and car owners, when he has never had to like some that have come from open wheel success.

#4, His purchase of Eldora has helped all racers in the country by helping take what was a top facility to even higher levels and keeping it on the television which promotes all racing, especially open wheel. Eldora is sitting in what has been dominantly a wing sprint car state. Ohio has figured out how to successfully run 3 different wing sprint car groups successfully so they have a great fan base over there and can fill the stands better as a support group to the All Stars and World of Outlaws. Tony still gives USAC and I believe possibly BOSS great opportunities to race there for better than average money.

Don’t you think that the last few years he has intentionally and reluctantly kept himself out of the nonwing sprints and Silver Crown to protect himself?? The wing gives him a little additional security and safety. (Look at what Ganassi lets Larson do now because of his investment) I would imagine if had his true choice, he would run as many nonwing sprint car races as possible, but he can also run during the week with the Outlaws almost every week.

Thank You Tony, for everything you have done for sprint car racing and all the investments of your time and money into the sport we all love in the future. 90% plus of us appreciate all you have done and will do. Get well as soon as possible and keep putting our sport out in front of the world.

Ray Morgan
Ray Morgan Motorsports
Terre Haute, IN.

8/7/13, 1:38 PM   #7
chadsniffsmethanol

Well put Ray, and you aren't a novice to sprint cars! Hope Tony is back on the track soon!

Posted via Mobile Device

8/7/13, 2:09 PM   #8
johnnythunderhead
Banned

I hardly see eldora as having gone to higher levels, they've done little if anything to improve the racing surface and there are very few non wing sprint car races on the slate since stewart took over, so unless you like pokey-assed pick-up trucks and hill-billy stock cars and single file wing-ed sprints.... but as far as tony being a racer/ he indeed is, and I wish him a speedy recovery!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 8/7/13 at 2:13 PM.

4 members like this post: captrat, duel, RJ21, turn4
8/7/13, 2:47 PM   #9
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Let me see...if we are looking at the same video, TS turns the car to the bottom just before contact...wasn't that crash in the turn? Yep I believe it was...Have you been to Oskalosa? if so you know the visibility looking THRU the corner is not so good specially when you are running the bottom....WING vs. NON WING...let's count the states that race NON WING CARS on a weekly basics...2 Indiana/California now WINGED..28....so to connect with his fan base if it was YOU, which would you do

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

8/7/13, 3:12 PM   #10
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
I hardly see eldora as having gone to higher levels, they've done little if anything to improve the racing surface and there are very few non wing sprint car races on the slate since stewart took over, so unless you like pokey-assed pick-up trucks and hill-billy stock cars and single file wing-ed sprints.... but as far as tony being a racer/ he indeed is, and I wish him a speedy recovery!

Posted via Mobile Device
I go to the Dream and World 100 to watch my "hill-billy stock cars". And I'd go watch them over any race in the world.

Maybe he quit running non-wing cars because they didn't draw enough fans or cars. I'm sure tony had good reasons why they don't run them as much anymore.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: mikeham73, rataz
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Zipadelli on Stewart