IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Friday’s u.s. 36 usac sprint race rained out
5/13/22, 11:21 AM   #1
Usac: Friday’s u.s. 36 usac sprint race rained out
admin

5/13/22 11:19 AM FRIDAY’S U.S. 36 USAC SPRINT RACE RAINED OUT

http://usacracing.com/news/sprint-ca...ace-rained-out

FRIDAY’S U.S. 36 USAC SPRINT RACE RAINED OUT

Osborn, Missouri (May 13, 2022)………The USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship and USAC Wholesale Batteries Midwest Wingless Racing Association event at Osborn, Missouri’s U.S. 36 Raceway, scheduled for Friday, May 13, has been canceled due to saturated grounds following overnight rain.

The event will not be rescheduled.

“We were really looking forward to having USAC National Sprint Car racing at U.S. 36 Raceway but, unfortunately, our unlucky season with the weather has continued,” stated track promoter Jon Boller.* “We look forward to bringing USAC back in 2023.”

USAC’s AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship season resumes this Saturday night, May 14, at Odessa, Missouri’s I-70 Motorsports Park for the first time in over a quarter-century.

Saturday’s event features the USAC AMSOIL Sprint Car National Championship along with Show Me Vintage Racing.

Gates open at 5pm Central on Saturday with the drivers meeting at 5:30pm and cars on track at 6pm followed immediately by qualifying and racing.

Advance tickets for the show at I-70 Motorsports Park are now on sale at: https://tickets.thefoat.com/I70Motor.../event-239597/.* Adult general admission tickets are $25.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/13/22, 3:50 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Friday’s u.s. 36 usac sprint race rained out
Andrew S. Quinn

Bummer. I've seen POWRi midgets there years ago,and it was great. Wouldnt have minded seeing non wing sprints there too....

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/13/22, 7:59 PM   #3
Terry Porter

Andrew, how are you doing? I haven’t seen you in a few years.

Been seeing where Darren Jensen has been having some success down under and brought back memories of Eldora and Kokomo with Spike.

1 member likes this post: Andrew S. Quinn
5/14/22, 6:51 AM   #4
Re: Usac: Friday’s u.s. 36 usac sprint race rained out
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Porter View Post
Andrew, how are you doing? I haven’t seen you in a few years.

Been seeing where Darren Jensen has been having some success down under and brought back memories of Eldora and Kokomo with Spike.
I'm doing good. Dont go to the races much anymore,but I still read about them. Lee Osborne said in Open Wheel magazine many years ago,that when people move away from racing,they get into street rods,and thats what I have done,although there is much more to that story too.

I see Darren's name occasionally. Last time I saw him in person was years ago at Terre Haute Action Track. He was crewing on Titan Racing USA car for a few weeks. I might have gone to their shop too, to talk with him and Glenno,and another Queensland sprint car driver,Terry Bracken. I cant remember for sure now,but I used to drop by there occasionally when they were in town.

You know we met you and Spike by accident,after I screwed up a motel reservation from the year before. I had called somewhere in Richmond,Indiana the year before. 1995,when we were making plans to go to both the Big One,and Knoxville,and other places along the way. It was before the internet,and before I ever traveled out west by myself. I wrote the info down, and it got lost in the meantime. We finally just stopped at the little mom and pop motel you guys were staying at,by chance. Everywhere we went on that trip,we ran into you 2,and finally just Spike when we got rained out at Eagle Raceway. We remembered he was staying next door to "Guitars and Cadillacs" in Lincoln Nebraska,and found him there that night,and spent the night bench racing instead.

That started a longtime friendship with both You and Spike [RIP] and a lot of your other friends as well. Amazing to think it all started because I screwed up a motel reservation.........
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 5/14/22 at 7:17 AM.

5 members like this post: erich45, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner, TQ29m
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Friday’s u.s. 36 usac sprint race rained out