IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Keyboard Warrior’s
4/10/22, 10:59 AM   #1
Keyboard Warrior’s
flagboy55

Every once in a while the term Keyboard Warrior turns up in a way mostly intended to invalidate someone’s opinion. I read it on a thread here just now. I guess some folks feel as though they’re more qualified to have an opinion than others. When it comes to racing, I feel extremely qualified but I don’t feel the need to roll out my resume for validation. While I’ve been extremely fortunate to participate in racing in a variety of capacities, I don’t think my thoughts are necessarily more valuable than anyone else’s. I may be able to apply fact from experience on a certain topic, but my opinion without a proven stance is just that, opinion. We all know the old saying about opinions. As far as qualification for an opinion, mine is, if you buy a ticket to a race, buy a race PPV, or participate, you can step up with yours, Warrior or not

4/10/22, 11:09 AM   #2
dsc1600

This happens all the time in racing. If a fan has a bad experience at a track the response is often “why don’t you buy a track”. If the fan is mad at a driver for what he perceives as reckless driving it’s “have you ever driven?”

Sometimes these criticism are justified if it’s a troll trying to stir trouble, but often times it’s to bury legitimate criticism.

Contrast that with when someone goes to a restaurant has a bad experience and leaves a bad review. Do people gang up and ask the customer if they’ve ever been a chef or owned a restaurant?

4/10/22, 11:55 AM   #3
Re: Keyboard Warrior’s
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Hey, Just sharing my view and opinion as well. I don't mind a troll as long as he don't mind being called out. I don't mind being corrected by facts, I've been wrong many times. Certain posters I don't agree with and especially their ******** but we can bench race, BS and share beers before during and after a race. Sometimes I convince em, sometimes they convince me and sometimes you can look at each other and say, WOW, Just WOW and enjoy the sport for what we seen.

Been on the calling out and receiving side of the Come out from behind the keyboard deal. Luckily both ended up with mutual respect and no something else

Still, it's easy for some to be cold, mean and plain evil when you're name isn't on your post. You might not like someone or something going on. What is your solution to improve it?

As for the racers, Most have a spine. But also Im sure it's not good to feel beat up on. Went to Attica early 90s S. Kinser and Bobby Allen battled most of the race for the lead. Kinser won, Whole crowd of people at the fence for the victory lane. Boo, your a bum, You suck Kinser etc. Both Karl and Steve flipped the fans off and pointed to the check saying, Come beat us if you can.

Unless you were Jac. Haudenschild, everyone had haters. Everyone loved Jac. Go! Jack Go! was the chant.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/10/22 at 12:03 PM.

4/10/22, 12:11 PM   #4
opnwhlmnd

We could schedule a giant IOW get together and all sit around and have a group hug. I'll bring the peace pipe and LSD.

4/10/22, 4:17 PM   #5
racenut69

..lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
we could schedule a giant iow get together and all sit around and have a group hug. I'll bring the peace pipe and lsd.

4/10/22, 5:22 PM   #6
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
We could schedule a giant IOW get together and all sit around and have a group hug. I'll bring the peace pipe and LSD.
Can you get the LSD lab tested first??

4/10/22, 5:55 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

4/10/22, 8:03 PM   #8
yeleyfan76

IMHO the keyboard warrior term is posted by people who are pissed at someone’s post. This board was created for people to state their positive thoughts or their beef on a subject. I’m a very opinionated person by fault but have been in this sport as a crewman or fan for 48 years. If I see what I consider bs or people trying to make a name for themselves on this board,I won’t hesitate to call it out. I’m not immune to people differing from my opinion either. Keyboard jockeys are those who think they are the people who know it all. Sadly they are the people who know the least. This board was set up to discuss racing and sometimes racings ********. Sadly global ******** are immersed in the discussion and threads are destroyed by that.
The tire dopers thread has shown there are people who will defend Usac to the end and there are people who have had enough of Usac leadership. Time will tell who is right and who is wrong. With the introduction of a new group into the nw world everything that the long-standing sanction does will now come into question. Especially by those who have had enough of the status quo. There is nothing wrong with it. This is the first time in a while Usac has been challenged.
Flagboy, I believe you and I will end up to agree to disagree on certain subjects on this board, but still be able to have a beer together and enjoy Raceday. Sadly there are others on this board that this is not possible.
Either way it’s soon time to get out support the sport this board is about, and enjoy the races.

4/10/22, 11:17 PM   #9
IndianaSprintFan

I would like 2 more tests after the initial if that’s ok with everyone

4/11/22, 12:28 PM   #10
revjimk

Quote:
Dadgum hippie.....
Peace pipe, great, but LSD????
Anybody ever watch a sprint car race on acid? Could be pretty damn scary, might ruin the whole sport for the tripper!

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Keyboard Warrior’s