IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic - IndyCar & Milwaukee Mile coming back
3/25/22, 10:41 AM   #1
Off Topic - IndyCar & Milwaukee Mile coming back
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

"The hot rumor I heard from countless people over the weekend was that Milwaukee could be in play for a return."
Reported from Texas Motor Speedway IndyCar race last weekend by Marshall Pruett of Racer Magazine. Racer Magazine is deeply connected to IndyCar racing.
If only a rumor would be good news Milwaukee is being seriously talked about.
If a race at Milwaukee is more than rumor, hang on to something solid as it may be cause to faint joyfully.

Don’t know about you folks but I have always liked the Mile. Thought they had some damn good racing there.

3/25/22, 1:02 PM   #2
Re: Off Topic - IndyCar & Milwaukee Mile coming back
dsc1600

I feel this is the direction they need to go. Back to tradition, build the place back up, what's the point of going to Texas and other places if you are only going to draw 5-10k in the stands?

4 members like this post: Bostonian, nathans1012, stp6237, tirespinner
3/25/22, 7:02 PM   #3
Pitdad

I want to initiate a wellness check on jdull99 for not commenting on this news.

Oh wait, there he is! He liked the post. Good. 😄

This is a good thing. I’ve really enjoyed the races I’ve seen there, and certainly appreciate the history of the Oldest Operating Racetrack in America.

3 members like this post: jdull99, nathans1012, tirespinner
3/25/22, 7:16 PM   #4
Ray3

If it comes back people need to support it so it stays on the schedule. I hate seeing Milwaukee off the Indycar schedule. Go to the race if you want to see it year after year.

3/25/22, 9:08 PM   #5
Blackduce

I remember the State Fair going on behind the grandstands. And great people there. All the local brewery
support with big displays. And special was dad and all uncles going up Sat. For midgets on the mile dirt. We all slept in the car that night. And Sunday Champ cars 100 laps on dirt.
Priceless.

Lynn

3/26/22, 11:30 AM   #6
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
I want to initiate a wellness check on jdull99 for not commenting on this news.

Oh wait, there he is! He liked the post. Good. 😄

This is a good thing. I’ve really enjoyed the races I’ve seen there, and certainly appreciate the history of the Oldest Operating Racetrack in America.
U musta saw the wheels spinning...I had typed smthn about "Any oval for indycars is a good oval" but decided not to post it, cuz obsvly there are SOME ovals that won't work...gota be a certain size....they have tried some out there ones thru the years...Daytona...Dover. Would ATL be worse now that its banked? Still I long for the IRL years...Buddy Lazier's ACTUAL pass in the grass at Charlotte...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3/26/22, 5:38 PM   #7
Blackduce

Miles can be good and a few not so good. The Dover was bad. They built a concrete track surface.
We went there for the first tire test. And the surface was so abrasive. On every time out, we could not get 7 laps off a rf. We left and begged them not to send us there. We'll, we did and at the end of the race they were 7 cars still running. One bad mile not raceable.

Lynn

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
3/26/22, 7:26 PM   #8
Will Shunk

Went to one of the last IndyCar races in Milwaukee. So enjoyed the pre race party downtown as well as the local pubs near the track serving great fish and beer. The racing was very good, lots of passing, lots of strategy on fuel, etc. Wife and I would return!

2 members like this post: Pitdad, tirespinner
3/26/22, 9:18 PM   #9
hoosier race fan

There are several markets that IndyCar could potentially have 2 races in at 2 different tracks. Some track owners are reluctant to share their market with another track, but maybe IndyCar could get creative and push some combo ticket packages to get more fans to attend both races/tracks. I’d love to see IndyCar run a 20 race schedule, but the teams don’t seem to support that. I know many of these tracks don’t host IndyCar anymore and maybe some doors have been closed, but here are some ideas for combo packages.

Indy Oval and Road Course (or IRP considering the crowd size at Texas)
COTA and Texas (since they are the only 1.5 mile oval IndyCar will visit)
Road America and Milwaukee Mile
Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Mid-Ohio and Burke Lakefront Airport (bring it back)
Nashville Street and Nashville Super Speedway (bring it back)
Iowa and Gateway (close enough)
Long Beach and Auto Club (probably never going back)
Detroit and Michigan (also probably never going back)

2 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner
3/26/22, 11:11 PM   #10
PIT CART

I would love to see them at Michigan 🤔🤞

5 members like this post: chrismattlin, jdull99, Stevensville Mike, stp6237, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off Topic - IndyCar & Milwaukee Mile coming back