IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
3/13/22, 7:26 PM   #1
Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
hoscalecody

Nascar's 200th cup winner is Chase Briscoe! Awesome to see him get a cup win!

Bet that makes a lot of people on here happy.

3/13/22, 7:32 PM   #2
TQ29m

It sure makes me happy, an almost local boy, and good sprint car driver, couple of them in the top 5, way to go guys.

3/13/22, 7:39 PM   #3
Re: Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoscalecody View Post
Nascar's 200th cup winner is Chase Briscoe! Awesome to see him get a cup win!

Bet that makes a lot of people on here happy.
Cuz its nascar news or is there smthn about Chase that people don't like??? Seems like he is a great down to earth guy. But ya, I know the keyboard jockeys can come out for anything...

I think its been a great nascar season and with him, Larson, Blaney, Reddick, etc all running good; why not follow it? (I'm not saying sit in front of the TV for 5hrs a Sunday - I never do that - but there are plenty of ways to keep up on it and not hate it cuz its not a non-wing sprint car race in IN on a perfect Friday night)
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3/13/22, 7:59 PM   #4
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
Cuz its nascar news or is there smthn about Chase that people don't like??? Seems like he is a great down to earth guy. But ya, I know the keyboard jockeys can come out for anything...

I think its been a great nascar season and with him, Larson, Blaney, Reddick, etc all running good; why not follow it? (I'm not saying sit in front of the TV for 5hrs a Sunday - I never do that - but there are plenty of ways to keep up on it and not hate it cuz its not a non-wing sprint car race in IN on a perfect Friday night)
Sorry, there may be a misunderstanding. On my comment. "Bet that makes a lot of people on here happy." Wasn't meant to be anything bad. I worded it poorly. I was meaning it as, it probably makes a lot people on here happy that Chase finally got a cup win. I was very happy for him to get the win!
I could see how it could come off as being the other way around, due to some people tend to complain about post like this, not involving sprint cars in Indiana.

3/13/22, 8:14 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Makes me happy. I only got to see him run a sprint a few times and a couple of those they had motor problems, So I never knew how good he could be.

Then came the Peak Challenge which we voted and got him in, Between that and Chases helping, spotting, pitting etc for other teams, He got the chance in ARCA and the rest is history.

Congrats Chase. I'm sure your dad and Grandpa got a smile a mile wide.

He honestly did it the old fashion way, He earned it.

3/14/22, 12:34 AM   #6
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoscalecody View Post
Sorry, there may be a misunderstanding. On my comment. "Bet that makes a lot of people on here happy." Wasn't meant to be anything bad. I worded it poorly. I was meaning it as, it probably makes a lot people on here happy that Chase finally got a cup win. I was very happy for him to get the win!
I could see how it could come off as being the other way around, due to some people tend to complain about post like this, not involving sprint cars in Indiana.
I get it now.

Thankfully a post about Chase doesn't have to be labeled "OT".

So far, only open-wheelers are all but locked into what they used to call the "chase": Him, Larson, Bowman, & even Cindric (F2000s for two years)!

I lost the message, but I am about certain Chase msgd me about 10+ years ago about running my car in Tulsa. He didn't have the rental money, but a Hoosier deal and woulda bolted his own shocks on. I was surprised he didn't have smthn better than my car! I didn't have any means to fund the rest of the trip, so it didn't work out. Wished I could find that msg in my IoW inbox...(you gota delete them when they fill up, which I quit doing after this).

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, hoscalecody, oppweld, PIT CART
3/14/22, 10:37 AM   #7
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post

He honestly did it the old fashion way, He earned it.
I agree 100%. I told Kevin that at DuQuoin a couple of years ago. Only met Chase once, but seemed like a real nice kid. Of course, Kevin was always a good guy too. I always liked his Grandfather's cars. Good winner.

3/14/22, 6:18 PM   #9
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Now that's a real racer that has not forgotten his roots. THANK YOU Chase for taking the time to offer appreciation on IOW. We could all feel your emotion yesterday when you got out of the car. It would have been awesome to have your wife and son with you. But we all know there will be many more victory lane interviews! You've really taken well to this new car since Daytona. Congrats again!

3/14/22, 7:55 PM   #10
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Briscoe View Post
Appreciate it guys, looking forward to running some more sprint car stuff this year.
Chase; do you remember that about the Tulsa deal? Or did I have too many brain injuries...it coulda been another Chase...?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chase Briscoe gets his first career cup win.