IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy traffic
5/24/22, 7:56 PM   #11
Pancho Stapp

Biggest reason i do Lafayette Rd. is to bypass 65 traffic coming down from Lebanon, Lafayette and Chicago. I am the intersection of G-Town and Lafayette watching the people trying to get off of 65 to Lafayette Rd.

5/25/22, 9:23 AM   #12
RichH

Thanks to all for the input! Come see me and I’ll buy you a beer🍺
Now, who’s taking care of the weather? 😜

5/25/22, 12:03 PM   #13
Re: Indy traffic
George Pollock

I will be coming from the east on I70 going to Dolich Crane on Polco and 10 street.
Can I stay 0n I 70 untill Holt Road exit? Holt road connects to 10Th street then on to Polco and Dotlich location.
I will be towing a 35 ft travel trailer and will be coming to Indy Saturday early afternoon.

Any Indy trafic info would be appreciated.

Thanks

George Pollock

5/25/22, 12:51 PM   #14
Pancho Stapp

Yes you can, that would be exit #77. Have a safe trip and enjoy your time at Indy.

5/25/22, 1:12 PM   #15
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Pollock View Post
I will be coming from the east on I70 going to Dolich Crane on Polco and 10 street.
Can I stay 0n I 70 untill Holt Road exit? Holt road connects to 10Th street then on to Polco and Dotlich location.
I will be towing a 35 ft travel trailer and will be coming to Indy Saturday early afternoon.

Thanks

George Pollock
You cannot go through downtown Indy now on I-70. If going west, it will force you off on Michigan. Don't do that...traffic gets all jacked up. If you are going west on I-70, you can go north on I-65. West St, 21st St and 30th street exits are all open. At I-65, it narrows down to two lanes, so allow some extra time.

5/25/22, 1:28 PM   #16
Pancho Stapp

Glad you clarified it for him. I knew the exit but not the closure. I am not local i am in Muncie about 45-60 minutes northeast depending on traffic.

1 member likes this post: Grocery Guy
5/25/22, 3:43 PM   #17
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Pollock View Post

Thanks

George Pollock
I'd get on I-65 North from I-70 to the 21st St. exit and get off there. Take a left at the light at the exit,then go down 2 lights to the T,and take a left,then go to the 2nd light and turn right,and that will be 16th Street. Then 3-4 or so miles to the speedway,and turn left on Polco to Dotlich
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 5/25/22 at 3:46 PM.

5/25/22, 3:59 PM   #18
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp View Post
Biggest reason i do Lafayette Rd. is to bypass 65 traffic coming down from Lebanon, Lafayette and Chicago. I am the intersection of G-Town and Lafayette watching the people trying to get off of 65 to Lafayette Rd.
While at work today,I got to thinking if you wanna cut out a bunch of traffic lights,get off on 71st,go under 465 to the light at McDonalds,and turn right. Go to the end of the road and turn left. Pretty sure its 62nd street. Then you can follow that to Georgetown and turn right.

1 member likes this post: racenut69
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy traffic