IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at L'burg 5/7 King of Midwest $2500 win/300 to start
5/4/22, 11:45 AM   #1
BOSS at L'burg 5/7 King of Midwest $2500 win/300 to start
sprinter14

BOSS & Lawrenceburg Joined For King Of The Midwest

Early in the history of the MPD Racing Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series, the historic speed palace of the Lawrenceburg Speedway made up two rounds of the tour each season. Along the way, BOSS tried to get more shows in their home state, limiting tracks outside of Ohio to one race. However, when opportunity arises, as it has now, the 'Burg is the perfect place to add a show!

Originally scheduled at Atomic Speedway in Ohio, the Saturday, May 7th event was canceled when a side show event could not appear with the racing events at the race track. Within hours of getting the news, BOSS was able to secure a deal with Lawrenceburg Speedway's promoter, Dave Rudisell, to move the event to the Dearborn County Fairgrounds bullet fast, high banked 3/8 mile track. As fate would have it, last weekend's "King Of The Midwest" event was rained out and backed up a week, to now combine the best of both worlds for a rescheduled $2,500 to win main event.

With the addition of BOSS to the event, the track and the series are combining to pay the best of the two at each position through the field with BOSS also providing heat race cash and several bonus awards. The new main event payout for Saturday is as follows: 2500, 1250, 1000, 700, 600, 500, 475, 450, 425, 400, 375, 350, 325, 300, 300, 300, 300, 300, 300, 300. A certificate for a free Hoosier tire will also go to the feature winner. Heat races will pay the top 4 finishers: 40, 30, 20, 10 thanks to TCB Speed, Brave Breeds Rescue, TheCushion.com and Outsiders Merchandise & Apparel. Bonus awards of $50 will be given out by All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads, J F Construction, Cowen Truck Line, Accu-Force Shock Dyno and Home Turf Training Center.

Saturday's pit gate will open at 4 with general admission gates opening at 5. Hot laps will begin at 6 with opening ceremonies at 7 pm. Adult general admission is $20 with kids ages 7-12 just $7 and kids 6 and under are free. Pit passes for all ages is $35. For competing teams, mufflers and racecivers are both mandatory. The BOSS tour will have Hoosier race tires available for purchase. For best selection of chalk marks and to reserve your tires, please call or text Aaron at 740-703-3768. Teams are limited to one left and one right rear per night at each event.

The MPD Racing Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series extends a sincere "thank you" to Dave and the entire staff at Lawrenceburg for helping save this date. We ask the teams and fans to show their support and appreciation of this gesture by coming out on Saturday! We hope to see everyone there for what promises to be an exciting evening of action!

5/4/22, 2:06 PM   #2
cmiracingvids

I know where I’m going Saturday!

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, oppweld, tirespinner
5/4/22, 3:50 PM   #3
Re: BOSS at L'burg 5/7 King of Midwest $2500 win/300 to star
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Burg bound to see who will be KING BOSS this Saturday of the Midwest. Or Queen

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
5/5/22, 5:56 PM   #4
captrat

Planning on heading that way, but as usual the weather looks dicey.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
5/5/22, 6:30 PM   #5
chrismattlin

I'd like to point out, Aaron, that Lawrenceburg Speedway is Cincinnati's race track; but, you know that. That being the case, I feel that the track should get an exemption from BOSS as an Ohio track.

(I'm definitely not biased towards BOSS races at the 'Burg, or anything!)

2 members like this post: RichH, sprinter14
5/6/22, 11:43 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Not supposed to ---- after early morning but I will say, If we run. Someone worked their tail off to make it happen. We've had a lot of ____

Check social media facebook. they usually makes a call about noon. Earlier if it's hopeless
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/6/22 at 11:47 PM.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/7/22, 9:04 AM   #7
PIT CART

May 7th: Canceled

Racing for Saturday-May 7th has been canceled.

We will look forward to seeing you at our next scheduled event on Saturday-May 14th. Third time is a charm, we will host the King of the Midwest Race for the Kelsey Chevrolet Sprint Cars at this event.
Have a great and safe weekend.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/7/22, 9:13 AM   #8
Charles Nungester

1.8in of rain last 24 hrs with some leftover drizzle this morning. some places got more.

5/7/22, 10:07 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

If your in the area, There is a AMA type flat track motorcycle race at Lebanon Ohio Fairgrounds half mile pea gravel track. Practice at 11 racing at 1pm. I'll be there with Uncle and a friend.

See you at the Burg next weekend for King of the Midwest.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
5/7/22, 5:39 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

That was very cool. Got me wanting to see AMA flat track on the miles now.

Also got me thinkin, Why couldn't champ cars run on the pea gravel? I mean this stuff was almost powder like LPS pits. they drag it, water it. Bikes ran probably as good as on dirt. Put a lexan windshield on it and race.

(Push off would be my only concern.

They do it again Sunday aug 15th. Check out Ohio Valley Classic.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > BOSS at L'burg 5/7 King of Midwest $2500 win/300 to start