IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute cooler policy
5/2/22, 7:10 PM   #31
Re: Terre Haute cooler policy
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Every race track I go to here in Pa and NJ you can bring coolers with food and soda, beer, water or whatever you like. The question is if now you are separating these racing events from being professional sports events.
In Indiana you can't bring in beer or any alcohol if you sell it. There is an exemption for a track over 2 miles in length. It is enforced by state excise. Like anything else, you can do it until you get caught.

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
5/2/22, 7:33 PM   #32
miledirt

Busch Stadium, St Louis Cardinals allow small soft side cooler allowed with food and drink. No glass or alcohol

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/2/22, 9:52 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
Busch Stadium, St Louis Cardinals allow small soft side cooler allowed with food and drink. No glass or alcohol
Reds are the same

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, miledirt
5/2/22, 11:01 PM   #34
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
In Indiana you can't bring in beer or any alcohol if you sell it. There is an exemption for a track over 2 miles in length. It is enforced by state excise. Like anything else, you can do it until you get caught.
and of course there is only one track over 2 miles in length

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, racenut69, rimrider69
5/3/22, 7:59 AM   #35
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15

Been to PA much ? Maybe we shouldn't be included in today's world, we might not deserve it.
No I’ve never been. Would love to visit some tracks there someday. Was just listing places that I’m familiar with.
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 5/3/22 at 8:05 AM.

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
5/3/22, 8:53 AM   #36
jonboat15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
No I’ve never been. Would love to visit some tracks there someday. Was just listing places that I’m familiar with.
My comment was directed towards captrat. As yeleyfan noted PA tracks seem pretty cooler friendly. Chief, come on over to PA sometime, our state slogan is "you have a friend in PA" at least that's what it used to be.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, oppweld
5/3/22, 11:06 AM   #37
Midget98

I guess I never realized how many people actually took carry-ins to races. Maybe it's more of an Indiana thing, because I don't see that at events here in Wisconsin. To me, part of the experience of going to the races is the track concessions. If I ever get to the point of not being able to afford a burger and a beer at the track, I probably wouldn't be spending my money on a ticket to attend either.

6 members like this post: cowboyhar69, erich45, jdull99, Oleman61x, PIT CART, TQ29m
5/3/22, 11:07 AM   #38
chrismattlin

I'm fine either way with THAT's policy, but since it was brought up, I'll add that from my experience that you can bring anything not glass to all Cincinnati Reds games as well as the Indy 500.

I'll also add that Terre Haute is one of a couple tracks in the state that is "grandfathered" to allow carry-in beverages while also being able to secure a liquor license to sell beer. I believe IMS and Bloomington are the other two.

5/3/22, 11:10 AM   #39
The Old Coyote

Oh well, at least we're arguing about tires

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, PIT CART
5/3/22, 12:27 PM   #40
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
I'm fine either way with THAT's policy, but since it was brought up, I'll add that from my experience that you can bring anything not glass to all Cincinnati Reds games as well as the Indy 500.

I'll also add that Terre Haute is one of a couple tracks in the state that is "grandfathered" to allow carry-in beverages while also being able to secure a liquor license to sell beer. I believe IMS and Bloomington are the other two.
There is no grandfather clause that I know of. Bloomington never sold beer until after Miles left, so I can't see them being grandfathered in anyway.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute cooler policy