IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar puts the heat on Briscoe? Why?
4/20/22, 6:59 PM   #11
Re: Nascar puts the heat on Briscoe? Why?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Don't know if any penalties are being dealt out or what. But Dale Jarrett made a statement that the move was totally wreckless...

And face it Pitdad, the whole midget platform is based on slide or die. It's been tried forever. Seen Hewitt do it on McSpadden at eldora and put em both in the fence, Sorta exact same thing. Apologize either they accept it or give you a dish of knuckle sammich.

3 members like this post: CRA91, luckybuc97, nathans1012
4/20/22, 8:47 PM   #12
chrismattlin

I watched that race and at the end, when Briscoe wrecked Reddick, the camera cut to Richard Childress and the look of disgust on his face was priceless. I immediately laughed out loud and said, "You sure liked it when your grandson wrecked Amirola to win the Daytona 500!". That's NASCAR racing for ya.

Of course, nearly every racing series has an "avoidable contact" penalty of some sort, but not NASCAR, and pertinently USAC, but the sprinters have a way of sheet-time as a deterrent.

You want my opinion? The "good 'ol boys" ain't happy that the dirt trackers are the shining stars of late, and also pertinently, the most likely stars of the future.

4/20/22, 10:33 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

A couple years back Bell dove under the leader at a track, cleared him and the former leader ran up his rear end and wrecked. They tried to make bell out as the bad guy. But he cleared him by a lot.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, TQ29m
4/21/22, 12:30 AM   #14
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
I watched that race and at the end, when Briscoe wrecked Reddick, the camera cut to Richard Childress and the look of disgust on his face was priceless. I immediately laughed out loud and said, "You sure liked it when your grandson wrecked Amirola to win the Daytona 500!".
Chris, we must be twin sons from different mothers for I had the exact same thought in my head when that happened!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, nw410gurl
4/21/22, 12:51 AM   #15
Stevensville Mike

P.S. Please do not tell anyone I watched the NASCAR this last round.

*Wink wink. Say no more. Nudge nudge. Eh? Know what I mean?*

It is like being seen by your friends riding a moped. Verbal pile on will soon follow.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier
4/21/22, 4:04 PM   #16
TQ29m

JMHO, I don't feel any problems with the move, I had watched the 2 of them prior to the final laps, they were measuring each other, Chase was seeing if it was possible, he had a good power, and the car seemed stable, I think he had been planning to do what he did, it was not a last minute thing, but, how many times have we seen the same result, or it worked, as a driver, I don't know, as an owner, hell yes, I'm sure if the positions were reversed, it would have been a similar scenario, outcome, who knows, someone made the remark that Chase wasn't the first driver to not be the best of nascar's favorites, so be it, he's not the first, and not the last, I like the way he drives, and thinks, he may not fit the mold, but he's my new favorite, and I hope nascar's favorites will see him as I do. I'm still not sure bad month has a tire for the new car yet, I'd not like to have to bet my life on them, but we'll see at Degga, I hope no problem shows up there 😀.
Last edited by TQ29m; 4/21/22 at 4:43 PM.

1 member likes this post: bighd0522
4/22/22, 2:22 PM   #17
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
I watched that race and at the end, when Briscoe wrecked Reddick, the camera cut to Richard Childress and the look of disgust on his face was priceless. I immediately laughed out loud and said, "You sure liked it when your grandson wrecked Amirola to win the Daytona 500!". That's NASCAR racing for ya.
Chilress built his team on the back of a driver who crashed a lot of cars.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar puts the heat on Briscoe? Why?