IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar puts the heat on Briscoe? Why?
4/20/22, 10:04 AM   #1
Nascar puts the heat on Briscoe? Why?
TQ29m

Read earlier on the Nascar club news, that Nascar has decided that the way races have been ending, with a dive for the win, especially Chase Briscoe, that some penalty needs to be assessed to those who have been guilty of this, to help them learn how to behave, or so it is worded, these are unnecessary for the sport, the fans don't like it, and it will be addressed . I couldn't believe my eyes this morning, this is twice now that Briscoe has ended a race in this manner, the story goes on, as if in the remaining laps, drivers are now to not make an advance on the leaders, to try and get the top spot.
Would someone else try to find this misinformation, and tell me I'm hallucinating, or just plain goofie.
Well, look out this weekend at Talladega!

4/20/22, 12:13 PM   #2
Re: Nascar puts the heat on Briscoe? Why?
Jonr

Link?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/20/22, 12:56 PM   #3
TQ29m

I think it was on smart news, early this morning.

4/20/22, 1:02 PM   #4
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

You get in the playoffs with a win, what do they expect? I know Chase already has a win, but as a owner or sponsor I’d be upset if my driver didn’t go for it. Not saying to do it malicious or violent. Remember when Austin Cindric took out leader at road course a couple years back to win. He said same thing in the post race interview. That was they only way for him to make the playoffs.

4/20/22, 1:26 PM   #5
Jerry Shaw

So, for how many years have some of their favored drivers been wrecking others on purpose at Bristol? On asphalt, where they have more grip. Now, they may penalize a driver who hit another driver, obviously not on purpose? Attempting a last lap, last corner pass for the win? On dirt, where they obviously slide around more.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 4/20/22 at 6:54 PM.

4/20/22, 1:59 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
So, for how many years have some of their favored drivers been wrecking others on purpose at Bristol? Now, they may penalize a driver who hit another driver, obviously not on purpose? On asphalt, where they have more grip. Attempting a last lap, last corner pass for the win? On dirt where they obviously slide around more.

Jerry
Two years in a row Earnhardt rear ended both Terry Labonte then Jeff Gordon the next got em sideways and drove right thru em.

"I wasn't tryin to wreck him, Just rough him up a bit"

Nascar and Fans cheered.

4/20/22, 3:41 PM   #7
staggerman

But then they can have the big one every race on a Superspeedway and that is ok

4/20/22, 4:16 PM   #8
Pitdad

When the movie Days of Thunder came out, all my non-racing acquaintances marveled at how racing passes were executed. "Is that how you guys do it?" I chastised them and said, "That's not really how it's done. That's all Hollywood effect". Apparently I was wrong. All of todays drivers, fendered and open wheel, took that sorry movie as their personal version of the Smith's Driving School and think that's how you race.

I don't care for any form of racing where the aim is to crash the leader out. If you want a career using the PIT maneuver, become a highway patrolman. What I saw at the end of that race (and the only reason I saw it was I thought the race would have been over by then) was a driver with a slightly faster car try to make an extremely ill advised slide job on the last corner. He was no where near close enough to drift up and try to take the line. If he doesn't know better, then he needs to move back down to the hobby stock ranks and learn to drive. Without all the corporate money and cameras watching, that stunt gets you a knuckle sandwich and a tire iron up side the head. But because we all have to act like THIS is racing, they have their little cuddlefest at the end of the night and everyone laughs it off like it's no big deal. He was just going for the win!

I love T-Mez and this story isn't about him. He's a high flying rim rider that adds excitement to the show, but I don't like it any better when his "slide or die" shenanigans end up with someone in the wall. Properly executed slide jobs are like ballet on dirt. It draws people into the sport as they see the incredible car control and precision with which these PROFESSIONALS are able to make CLEAN passes. Watching someone get fed a right rear because "I needed to get by to win" is not racing. If destruction is what sells tickets, then wait for the demolition derby or the bubble car races. I understand that Figure 8 school buses are entertaining as well.

But don't bring that... style, to the race track.

4/20/22, 4:54 PM   #9
OnTheHammer

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 35

Fake news

4/20/22, 5:11 PM   #10
jozzy11

Well said and ditto Pitdad.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Nascar puts the heat on Briscoe? Why?