IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: 2022 kokomo grand prix canceled due to snow, cold
4/6/22, 8:13 PM   #11
TQ29m

Now that is humorous!!!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/6/22, 8:23 PM   #12
Re: Usac: 2022 kokomo grand prix canceled due to snow, cold
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles nungester View Post
only one lab of three found this to be true.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, jdull99, tirespinner
4/6/22, 10:23 PM   #13
flagboy55

Addictedtodirt I must agree. This event takes a beating more often than not. But nothing else in the Midwest is doing anything anyway so schedule it and hope we get a gift from God of great weather. If the forecast is dismal, cancel early like they did. Cuts losses for everyone. As fans do we want to see this? Absolutely! But the right call was made for everyone involved

4/6/22, 11:39 PM   #14
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
70% chance of rain on Friday, high of 43. Saturday 40% chance of snow high 41. I can't wait to hear about the conspiracy.
Straight up clowning...I'll start it for you FUNK lmfao...did we really cancel at Kokomo bc its gonna be in the 40s and 30s with rain and snow or did we cancel bc soooooooo many teams wasnt gonna show up bc of "tire doping"...hahahahaha just wait FUNK, we both know the crap talking will begin anytime with "I heard, my source, USAC this and that, blah blah blah"...The O'Conners do an amazing job of operating the best bullring in the state, and waited as long as they could in hopes the forecast would change and unfortunately it's only gotten worse. It does suck when you drive by there day in and day out counting the days until opening night and it gets canceled but they did the best they could and a good job on their part saving teams and fans money, not traveling for poor weather conditions.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 4/6/22 at 11:55 PM.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, duel, opnwhlmnd, rapid robert, tirespinner
4/8/22, 5:35 PM   #15
BrentTFunk

Just saw the Outlaws cancelled in MO tonight due to cold temps. Actually thought about going, after this show cancelled. Saw the forecast and saw it was going to be just as cold there. Wanted to get 2 new tracks, but didn't want to spend that much gas money, to freeze. Looks like they will get in tomorrow, but that is too far to go for one night. Hope it warms up
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 4/8/22 at 5:40 PM.

5 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Dirtfan, fish, oppweld, tirespinner
4/8/22, 6:49 PM   #16
flagboy55

The way they handled this is disrespectful to all teams and fans. Ray Charles could see the weather was going to be bad on Tuesday. I know some teams loaded up and went that way spending considerable money on the trip for nothing. Poor judgment from the sanctioning body

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, PIT CART, Will Shunk
4/8/22, 7:04 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Yup, and all I'll say about that. Most were already there.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PIT CART
4/8/22, 7:36 PM   #18
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Just saw the Outlaws cancelled in MO tonight due to cold temps. Actually thought about going, after this show cancelled. Saw the forecast and saw it was going to be just as cold there. Wanted to get 2 new tracks, but didn't want to spend that much gas money, to freeze. Looks like they will get in tomorrow, but that is too far to go for one night. Hope it warms up
I woke up this morning and thought about it too,as I had the day off today. Been to US 36 a couple times for midgets. Its a 9 second track for WoO. Still never made it to Lake Ozark.

I figured the weather would be crappy out there too,without looking and just tinkered on my Coupe today instead....

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
4/8/22, 7:42 PM   #19
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I woke up this morning and thought about it too,as I had the day off today. Been to US 36 a couple times for midgets. Its a 9 second track for WoO. Still never made it to Lake Ozark.

I figured the weather would be crappy out there too,without looking and just tinkered on my Coupe today instead....
When I saw the forecast on Wed, I figured they wouldn't run. Hope they get in tomorrow, especially for the non wing guys. Long way to go for one race. Almost makes you wonder if they waited to cancel so guys would still haul out for tomorrow. Can't imagine the outrage if USAC did this.

4/9/22, 12:36 AM   #20
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
W T F Brent I have driven that far for a one night Kokomo show. Come to the lake and catch Putnamville on way home Sunday. I-70 westbound and down to Hwy 54 South. Track at 54 and 52 junction. I'll meet you there.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: 2022 kokomo grand prix canceled due to snow, cold